cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activation and discharge previous carrier retaining phone number

riggins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello  

yesterday i did as was instructed ..purchased a public sim card ..purchased a plan did  everything instructed ..previous carrier  did not call or text as mentioned they would do within 2 hours its now 36 hours ...no notification and new phone not  working my credit card charged  ...nothing 

8 REPLIES 8

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@riggins 

A few things must be done to have your number ported to PM.

1- Your account must be active with your previous carrier so don’t cancel your account.

2- Leave your old SIM in your phone.

3- Activate your PM SIM on your computer.

4- Wait for the text from your previous carrier confirming you are porting over to PM with YES. There is a 90 minute window to reply but note that your old SIM will still work within the 90 minute window.

5- Power off your phone NOT turning off the phone screen.

6- Swap the old SIM with PM SIM.

7- Power your phone back on.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@riggins 

Contact pm customer support first to provision your Sim card. Then they can reinitiate your port request once your pm Sim card and services are working.👍 Use the link I sent you.

HI @riggins 

did you reply a text from your previous carrier?

is the service on your previous provider still working?

I can send you a number to call to confirm if PM got the porting going or re-start the porting process

Please check your inbox in the Community her for the phone number

riggins
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

hi ....i was on earlier re activation issue ...my previous carrier transfered us .....now we were suppose to recieve .something from publc ...phone  is still not able to phone 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@riggins 

Did you say your credit card did not get charged?

Do you have any service on your pm Sim card?

If not and no your activation failed and you need to start over. Choose a temporary number to make sure you activate successfully and your pm Sim card and services are working. Then you can port your number in thru your self serve accounts change number feature on your profile page.

Edit:

If you pick an Alberta number you will only pay gst on your plan. I'm partial to phone numbers from RockyMountainHouse. 🤠

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@riggins did u leave your previous sim card in your phone? the msg will send to your previous provider.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@riggins wrote:

Hello  

yesterday i did as was instructed ..purchased a public sim card ..purchased a plan did  everything instructed ..previous carrier  did not call or text as mentioned they would do within 2 hours its now 36 hours ...no notification and new phone not  working my credit card charged  ...nothing 

When you're porting, you previously sim card must be in the phone. And your previously account must be activate and you need write down your previously account number.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@riggins 

I guess your old carrier still account and service active?

there is a number to call to talk to PM porting team, I  will message you the phone number.  They can provide you the porting status and re-trigger the process if needed .  Please check your Community inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.