cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

accidentally removed public mobile from my network

ChrisLondon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was having difficulty with slow 4g upload speed, so I was fiddling with settings. It asked if I wanted to cancel or remove Public Mobile (I can't remember which message) and I clicked on Yes. I thought I'd just be able to get back on it but now all of the settings are greyed out in my Mobile Networks menu.

I have tried rebooting, airplane mode, resetting network settings and I made sure we both have active plans.

When I swapped the sim out to my wife's phone, it recognized it as Public Mobile but when I tried to make a call I got the message "can't connect the call because there is no plan on the account". I swapped the sim back into my phone and nothing...meanwhile, after putting the regular sim back into my wife's phone, she is still getting the same ""can't connect the call because there is no plan on the account" message, so both of our phones are now useless.

For her phone, I tried the "lost phone suspend then reactivate trick", but still nothing..

Any ideas?

43 REPLIES 43

ChrisLondon

@will13am Would a factory reset even fix the issue though, as moving the sim to another phone caused additional problems?

ChrisLondon

@will13am No, both phones are not on airplane mode, but good question.

@ChrisLondon wrote:

@will13am Network mode is set to autoconnect. Samsung A32. Accounts are in active status. I network reset both phones and tried the airplane mode and lost phone tricks.

I don't own any Samsung products and am not familiar with any custom features they may have apart for the typical android settings.  I am out of ideas. Maybe time for a factory reset.  If you have had the system backup enabled, you should be able to recover most things.  

ChrisLondon

@Yummy I just got my wife's ID set up for Community and didn't mean to respond to the earlier messages under her name, so yes, that is me. I'm hoping I don't have to factory reset both phones. Would that even fix the sims tho?

ChrisLondon

I opened a ticket and after explaining my not being able to access the network operator menu to the CS agent, this was their response: "On our end everything is ok and I think it's better to visit a store or call Samsung to help you in this case because I can not access your settings from here."

What am I supposed to do with that? What Public Mobile store??? 4 messages over 2 hours and that is all I get? I have sent follow up responses, but they have said anything back for a few hours now.

@Brianneyvonne wrote:

@Yummy I cannot search networks, the Network Operators menu is greyed out. Access Point menu is greyed out. I can choose network mode, but none of the other options.

Are you using 2 different IDs for Community???

This is a tough one. I guess factory reset would help but if you have a lot of customization it will be major pain to restore it.

@Brianneyvonne wrote:

@Yummy I cannot search networks, the Network Operators menu is greyed out. Access Point menu is greyed out. I can choose network mode, but none of the other options.

By chance do you have the phone on airplane mode?

ChrisLondon

@will13am Network mode is set to autoconnect. Samsung A32. Accounts are in active status. I network reset both phones and tried the airplane mode and lost phone tricks.

Brianneyvonne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Brianneyvonne
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@Outdoorsman Samsung A32 5g. Thanks.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@ChrisLondon , what model of phone do you have?  You should be able to enable auto network connection and the phone will find Public Mobile and connect to it.  Worst case, you can do a factory reset on the phone.  As for the accounts themselves, I assume they are in active status.  It would appear that SIM swapping caused your wife's phone to not work while was okay before.  Was a network reset done on her phone?  

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Looking at settings on my Android phone, at Mobile networks there is Network Operator. And there (showing PM) are options Search networks and Select automatically.

Maybe Search networks might help you restore provider.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@ChrisLondon hi stop pressing buttons lol what type of phones do you have? 

Need Help? Let's chat.