cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transfer of phone number

Abby_678
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Accidentally changed by existing public mobile number to my daughter's mobile number which was on fido network. Can this error be reversed. Actually, I wanted to transfer my daughter's mobile network from fido to public mobile. Right now, my public sim has my daughter's number and my number has become invalid and my daughter has a SIM card and is without a number. 

2 REPLIES 2

Abby_678
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Fido did send the text message and accepted it (made this mistake). It's been 24 hours now since I've raised a ticket and no customer support agent has replied to it.

Thank you for replying to my query.

@Abby_678 wrote:

Accidentally changed by existing public mobile number to my daughter's mobile number which was on fido network. Can this error be reversed. Actually, I wanted to transfer my daughter's mobile network from fido to public mobile. Right now, my public sim has my daughter's number and my number has become invalid and my daughter has a SIM card and is without a number. 

Fido will send your daughter a text message to approve the phone number transfer.  If that text message isn't replied to, the phone number will not be transferred to Public Mobile.  There is a process for reversing a phone number port, but that's usually reserved for cases of the carrier making an error.  In any event, you'll need a Public Mobile customer support agent to look into this.  Please use the chatbot to open a ticket.  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Need Help? Let's chat.