cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

about transfer number and charging

henness
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My subscription was onhold in 24 December,i resumed my subscription just now(27 December) just for transfering my number to another provider, it took me only 5 minutes to accomplish the transfer, and it charged me the whole month fee, can i have it refunded?

7 REPLIES 7

henness

A fall into the pit, a gain in your wit...

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@henness 

Why would you think you can just activate then not pay for the rest of the month?

You had 2 options once you reactivated:

- Continue service for 28 days with PM then port out.

- When you ported out less than 28 days, just pick a new number with the new carrier.

@henness wrote:

That is so unfair, if i do not prepay to keep my number activating, the transfer could not be done.

HI @henness 

sorry, this is a requirement for porting for all carriers

the only exception to this rule is if you transfer between Telus/Koodo/PM as they are all on the same Telus system, not porting across different carriers

henness

😭$34 plan

henness

That is so unfair, if i do not prepay to keep my number activating, the transfer could not be done.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@henness Unfortunately you will not get anything back, it is prepaid, no refunds of pro rated time. Hopefully you re activated on the $15 plan to port out.

abtest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hennessPM is a prepaid service.  There are generally no pro-rated refunds for unused days.  That's why it is always best to try to time the prot out near the end of the current subscription period/cycle.

Need Help? Let's chat.