cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong imei when porting

Melissa25
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I activated my PM account today and I received a message stating I gave the wrong IMEI number. I haven't heard back from anybody yet after several hours. How can I solve this?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

Melissa25

In hindsight, I do not believe I entered the wrong IMEI. Even after calling and them trying to port using my account number, it still doesn't work. Now, my old service doesn't work and neither does my service with PM that I am already after paying 90 days in advance. Who knows what's going to happen with my phone number that I've had for 25 years! What a disaster. 

capeasgood

Yes I’ve done that thank you. Porting is still not working. 

@capeasgood 

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to Customer Support Agent by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

capeasgood

That’s what I’m afraid is going to happen to me. 🙁

Melissa25

I called the number and they tried porting but it still isn't working. Now my phone isn't working at all, not even from my other service provider. It says SOS only.

Melissa25

thanks

@Melissa25 wrote:

I did the esim option. I still have my sim in from my old provider. 

i received text saying " hey, pit's public mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect imei. Someone from our team will contact your shortly using your original number or the alternate number you provided....."  

Haven't heard from anyone. 

As suggested by other members, try to call the Telus team porting phone number.  Only can be used for porting issues. 

hi @Melissa25 

will send you the phone numbers to porting team and they will sort it out.  please check you Community inbox 

Melissa25

I did the esim option. I still have my sim in from my old provider. 

i received text saying " hey, pit's public mobile. We're having trouble transferring your number. Looks like you entered an incorrect imei. Someone from our team will contact your shortly using your original number or the alternate number you provided....."  

Haven't heard from anyone. 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Melissa25 

What happens when you put the PM SIM card in your phone?  Do you get a signal?  If your port is stuck, you should still be able to talk and text outgoing, but unable to receive talk and text to your number.  

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you create a ticket?
Did you contact agent through personal mail?

Nobody is going to contact you because activation failed. YOU have to initiate contact with agent.

Need Help? Let's chat.