cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong data usage

Kootenays
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why does my data usage say I’ve used data at 12:27 and 12:28 a.m. Dec 25  when I wasn’t even on my phone? My data billing cycle started today and says I’ve  used about 6mb data when I haven’t. How can this be remedied? 

3 REPLIES 3

Kootenays
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you for the clarification!

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Kootenays @pm updates its usage history 2x a day so your always seeing the last 12 hours used , also PM has cache issue so 

Try again incognito/private mode

And or lap top /computer

OR

simply try refreshing the page to check data plan / mins / add ons

Handy1_0-1703644452045.jpeg

For most up to date account info

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Kootenays 

PM does not update the data usage constantly.  In fact, it only update it twice a day. 

So, any entry you see is just a total usage between that timestamp and the timestamp of the previous entry.  The early morning usage  you see on the Usage log does not mean it was used in the morning but a total usage for the last 12 hours.

Also, for correct usage reading, always use Incognito mode to login My Account to avoid reading cached old info

PM does not update the data usage constantly.  In fact, it only update it twice a day. 

So, any entry you see is just a total usage between that timestamp and the timestamp of the previous entry.  The early morning usage  you see on the Usage log does not mean it was used in the morning but a total usage for the last 12 hours.

And for your 6Mb usage,  Public mobile uses about a 5.2mb buffer for your mobile data. This gets reset nightly or when you toggle airplane mode on and turn your mobile data

Need Help? Let's chat.