cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

With the New Point System, how much will be my Old Rewards be points or in Dollar

Theengineer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please help me figure out how much these rewards will be in points and dollars? in the new system.
Screenshot 2024-03-06 134002.png

15 REPLIES 15

celinem5121

I will be leaving Public Mobile tomorrow. With the current reward plan, I get 7 dollars a month of my bill. 

I am currently on the 3G- $25 dollar a month plan so with the current rewards, I pay $20.16 per month (including tax). With the new rewards plan, I will earn $1.25 dollars in points off per month. Definitely not a good deal anymore.

I will be switching to PC mobile which will give me a 4G plan with 1 gig of Data, which is all I need, for $20 dollars a month.

Goodbye Public Mobile, It's been a good 5 years.

maurelle
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Theengineer wrote:

So instead of 2 dollar for the auto New ill get 5%, because i have the 34$ plan.

whats weird is that I have been with public mobile for 4 years hence the 4 $ for that time.
how every i am looking at the anniversary points its 10 points for every 12 months, so that's 40 points? so on my anniversy ill get like 10 $ off? well thats a downer.

No, say good bye to the days of getting $48 or $60 off per year, and/or an equivalent "monthly" amount of points for that matter.

Going forward it's going to be just 10 points every 365days. 

Karnbot13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you. Looks like it was a good run. I'll see how much more difficult and less rewarding it will be to get my discounts with the new point system before I decide if I move. Perhaps the CRTC will finally grow a pair and allow MVNO's without the "owning a network" caveat. One can dream I guess

Edit: The change in rewards will cost me $36.16 extra per 30 days on the 4 accounts I manage until I can redeem points for a discount

@Karnbot13   Yes, I had to do that to put the points $$s towards my renewal payment.  

Karnbot13

So I'm assuming that we have to manually apply the points before the payment date, it's not automatic anymore?

Theengineer

So instead of 2 dollar for the auto New ill get 5%, because i have the 34$ plan.

whats weird is that I have been with public mobile for 4 years hence the 4 $ for that time.
how every i am looking at the anniversary points its 10 points for every 12 months, so that's 40 points? so on my anniversy ill get like 10 $ off? well thats a downer.

Theengineer

i dont we have choose in the matter at this , as public moblie is moving every one.

@kcorscadden  Good question . I’m thinking they do care but at same time those with healthy amount of friend referrals will stay put . But for for the rest I don’t know I mean your still getting rested just not as well . So unless the competition comes out with a plan that outshines PM plans . That will make some have easier time with a switch . But so much to still find out what’s this bonus data gonna look like 

kcorscadden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Handy1 Doesn't affect me at all as I am on the new points system, but for the ones on the legacy system I can see being massively upset over this.

The question is how many customers will PM lose over this decision, or do they even care?

@kcorscadden  Oh wow @Dunkman  i dod not see that yikes . So looks like some bonus data could be coming for some . Yikes I think I’m still getting sick in my mouth 🤢.. I’m speechless . It’s truly a sad day for the community 

OlivierR

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Upcoming-Changes-to-our-Old-Rewards-Pro...  But ye keep it as long as you can and dont change now to be sure to have the bonus data they will give!

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Theengineer 

With rewards points system, you lose autopay rewards and instead of your Loyalty rewards of $4/month, you will just get 10 points each anniversary date when you signed up.  

Depending on your price plan, you will get 5% back on purchases.  So, if on the $40 plan, 2 points/month which would be similar to Autopay rewards. 

@Handy1 

Did you see the annoucement about the mandatory switch to rewards points starting in May?

OlivierR

It will be 5% of your plan so if you have the 34$ plan it will be 1.7point, 40$ plan 2 points each point equal to 1$ at 15 points you can exchange them for a 15$ discount

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Theengineer  NO DO NOT switch to the new points system there not as lucrative and there’s no going back to the old $ legacy  rewards . Just stay away from them if you haven’t already switched . I  truly hope you haven’t switched 

Need Help? Let's chat.