cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has my data stopped?

parkay123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My plan is One GB, and I used all of that this month.  I do however have a One time promotion of 5 GB, and I used only two of that. Why isn’t Public switching over so as I could use the other 3 GB?  I also have an add on of 2 gb with 0 used.  Why can’t I use that either? Instead, I get a msg asking if I want to pay $15 for one gb. 

2 REPLIES 2

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@parkay123 

Have you checked your account for your data add ons? Are they still there?

What's the data usage history on your device showing for your current 30 day cycle? Does it more or less match your usage history in your account?

Did you recieve the 75% and 95% data usage texts from Public Mobile? They are sent out when you hit those data usage amounts of all of the data in your account (plan+add ons). Recieving a text offer to purchase add on data for $15/1GB* indicates that you have used up all of your data.

If you do still have add on data in your account check your device to see if you have your data limiter enabled at a set amount (ie. 1GB).

*Purchasing add on data is no longer financially wise as it expires 30 days after purchase.

It's likely you have recieved targeted text offers to upgrade your plan ( keep in mind you can no longer downgrade plans) from Public Mobile. Check and see if any of the offers are still valid and/or check what plans are available to you in your account by clicking on "Change subscription".

The lowest plan offered by Public Mobile is the $19/1GB but that is usually only available to new customers and current customers on the $13 and $15 plans. It's possible you may have the $23/6GB plan available otherwise your options may be limited to $29/$30+ plans.

You can also renew early by contacting customer support. If you are lucky and ask nicely they might let you switch to the $23/6GB plan.

If your data usage doesn't match between your device and your account and you think that perhaps your plan data counter did not reset at your last renewal you can have an agent investigate (also provide them with your evidence of such) and they can reset your plan data counter and replace any add on data used in error if that's the case.

You can send a support ticket request via the chat bubble at your bottom right or send a detailed private message by clicking below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@parkay123 wrote:

My plan is One GB, and I used all of that this month.  I do however have a One time promotion of 5 GB, and I used only two of that. Why isn’t Public switching over so as I could use the other 3 GB?  I also have an add on of 2 gb with 0 used.  Why can’t I use that either? Instead, I get a msg asking if I want to pay $15 for one gb. 

I wonder if there could be a delay in the infromation provided in your self serve account with Public Mobile possibly providing old information.  I would suggest calling 611 from your phone and choose the option for data usage.  This option doesn't actually inform customers of the amount of data used, but does inform of the total amount of data remaining (includes both plan data and data add-ons).

Need Help? Let's chat.