cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why has my bill increased?

WhyIsThis
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Public Mobile has changed my plan and is now charging me more than I signed up for. Formerly, my bill and plan was $43.05, including fees and taxes, and now I am being charged a base rate of $45 as of this month. Why?

13 REPLIES 13

v_v

PM has retired the Rewards this month, but use the Points instead.  Overall, you will receive less credit than before, and you need to pay full service plan every months now.      Rewards - PM will auto credit to your bill monthly.  Points - you need to accumulate points to min. $15  then claim it on your bill when you request it.  

@WhyIsThis 

Some Cdn corporations have made HUGE donations to Cdn political parties...I can't imagine why !!

When corporate Canada retires...some "retire" into political life.

Boki
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Same as when companies advertise 'sale 80% off' from crazy jacket up prices AND they do earn money even with '80% off' since initial price is not realistic.

Prices DID NOT INCREASE! Only rewards (subject to change at company's whim, NOBODY ever promised you rewards will stay as is forever' have been changed from $ to points.
And just because all of as old customers got used to nice discount every 30 days now we are pissed off.

WhyIsThis

@hairbag1 wrote:

Some have even left PM altogeather.

I can see why. It's an insidious, dishonest, and sneaky way to increase prices. Not sure how this hasn't been flagged under federal consumer protection law, other than, "Well, you see, we told them the prices were increasing in this small print in our replacement program."

What a peculiar business model - crowdsource your customer service, then sit back and watch as the people providing the support criticize the business in that very support. I suppose that's what we should expect from a company like Telus.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@WhyIsThis 

here's a bit more reading to help you understand what's happened. We were informed of these pending changes back in April....March.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/move-to-public-points

WhyIsThis

I saw that before you replied and did change to the $34/mo contract. Thank you for looking out for me though.

@WhyIsThis 

if you read through the past posts here in the Community Forum, you won't fund anyone who's too happy with PM for this change. Virtually everyone who previously got Rewards, will now be downgraded to points. We've all had to review our cellphone needs to see which is the best plan for each of us. Some have even left PM altogeather.

@WhyIsThis   I don't know what plan you are on but you might want to look at the newer ones available, like the $34 for 50GB at 5G (or lower) speed for example.  Unless your current plan is much better than that it would reduce your cost even further.

WhyIsThis

I see. That's a very poorly implemented change. I didn't realize that it was legal for a company to unilaterally increase the price by removing a feature.
The confusing part is that my bill was $43.05 for months, then last month it was $42.00, and this month it is $47.25.

@WhyIsThis wrote:

No, the base rate has increased.

Which plan were you subscribed to previously and which plan now ? Did you voluntarily change plans this past month. Check closely in payments to see if you're not confused with Rewards vs Points.

WhyIsThis

Again, no, it is not that. The base rate has increased.

WhyIsThis

No, the base rate has increased.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@WhyIsThis 

the old Rewards plan has been retired and new points now. You'll pay full price and get points...when you have at least 15 points, you then manually change points to $$ for renewal, add-ons or future contests.

added...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/redeeming-public-points

Need Help? Let's chat.