cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do we need to sign into a main account and then sign into the Community account?

tracey_a_ottawa
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks in advance!

1. Why doesn't Public Mobile just have one customer account? Why the need to have a separate Community account?

2. Why do I need a userID to sign into my Community account? Is there a reason we can't use our email like we can in our main PM account?

Thanks, Tracey

15 REPLIES 15

LoreckAvery
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I've thought this same thing since I joined 3 years ago. In theory it may be for security? However I'm not entirely certain. I do know it's super confusing and I was hoping it would have been merged by now.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@tracey_a_ottawa wrote:

Thanks in advance!

1. Why doesn't Public Mobile just have one customer account? Why the need to have a separate Community account?

2. Why do I need a userID to sign into my Community account? Is there a reason we can't use our email like we can in our main PM account?

Thanks, Tracey

@tracey_a_ottawa 

1 - My Account/My Rewards logins - are only for current customers. Current meaning an Active status account, or suspended within 90 days.

2 - Community logins - are for anyone, really. You don't even need a Community login if you don't want to and never have service question or issue to ask. But, this is how you connected to get help when needed.

Your userID for your Community account is public here on the forum. So, for security reasons you would not want that advertised here.

Some members who manage more than one My Account/My Rewards account, may only have 1 Community account and manage these accounts successfully without creating more.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Community is Public forum. Anybody can sign up, read, post, help others, etc.

Benefit for PM customers being here is that they can get Community rewards helping others.

There is a third account to have if you want to buy refurbished phone from PM.

farmbot

Using windows 10 Edge.... Using the link from self serve account results in new url "telus identity" and must re enter log in from self serve

TOO many hoops to jump thru

Come on!

If Public Mobile is a "web based provider" the customer experience must be more stream lined.

🤔

@Lieux   tried that too.. but still not working, still asking me for username/password again.  There is no remember password or keep login check box.  So, not sure what else is the reason.  

@softech  I used the button GO TO and MY REWARDS and it’s ok nothing to enter again.

@Lieux wrote:

@softech I don’t know if I am the only one…but I can jump from my account to MY REWARDS and I didn’t type any email or password…🤷‍♀️
034D2416-F2DE-4EB6-861D-9E497014D6ED.jpeg

@Lieux   No, I just tried.  

I first login to My Account.  Then using the link "Access Rewards" from My Rewards section, it bring me to Telus site and asking me for credentials again   😞

Yes, they should find a  way to single sign-on , passing the cookie or so

@kateyyj  You can save each account on your phone or computer with the goods passwords. No need to enter them again. Except if you clear the cookies.

@softech I don’t know if I am the only one…but I can jump from my account to MY REWARDS and I didn’t type any email or password…🤷‍♀️
034D2416-F2DE-4EB6-861D-9E497014D6ED.jpeg

@kateyyj   No worry, you are doing well.  you are young at heart  🙂

kateyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

it just took me a while to figure what community account linked to which my phone accounts, lol, I am too old to remember so many user name with different emails, plus passwords, life is hard, I am scared to refer PM to older friends, haha

@kateyyj  Yes, it is hard to manage multiple lines here.  There is no "Family account" concept here.  And I doubt they will be doing this as this is only a Tier 3 providers.  

With My Account and My Rewards, I think it look like they will update My Account and bring it back to the same system as My Rewards, if that is the case, I hope they will combine them back in one single site

I don't see Community will combine into My Account.  I guess part of the tricky thing is that the Community is also open for non-subscribers to ask pre-activation questions.  So, some Community members do not have a Self-Serve My Account since they have no service.   That is ok to have the Community by itself.  I guess Fido or Rogers Community are all like that

kateyyj
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

right now i have two phone accounts, with separate my reward plus community accounts, that looks like 6,OMG, I wish they can be combine into ONE

yackinlyn

i think now you have one more to sign in "my reward".🙄

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tracey_a_ottawa   They Community account and the My Account are in fact 2 different systems.  It is confusing, very confusing to new customers.  I hope they will do something in the future.  But I don't know

But, make sure you have the same email address on both My Account and Community account so they can match the email and give you the Community rewards

To confuse you more, there is actually one more system   My Rewards. But good news is My Rewards share the same login as My Account.  Except, you have to actually type in the email and password again even you are jumping from My Account to My Rewards   🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.