cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Public mobile cut me off

rogue17a
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am billed on the 21st of each month. I have automatic payment so payment went through.  On Nov, 09 I had to cancel my credit card because I had lost it. Now public mobile wants me to pay again for a full month. This is ridiculous. I will leave public if they make me pay a full month for a service that I only got 18 days of.

7 REPLIES 7

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

"Problem solved" as in you're satisfied with the outcome? Or that the payment date changes?
When you cancelled the card did the bank refund you back any charges in and around that time?

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@rogue17a 

As noted, PM is not on a monthly cycle but is on a 30 days cycle so the renewal date is shorten by a day roughly every 2 months.

rogue17a
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I checked and you are. Problem solved.

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Good point. If it was Oct 21, it would be Nov 20. But if it was Sep 21, 2022 or Oct 21, 2022, it would be Nov 15, 2023 (I cheated and used Excel 🙂 ).

@rogue17a  was last renewal Oct 21, 2023 or Oct 16, 2023?

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@rogue17a   It may not be relevant to your problem but just FYI your renewal date cannot always be 21st of each month because PM's billing cycle is 30 days.  So over time the billing date will change.

ottawa

@rogue17a wrote:

Now public mobile wants me to pay again for a full month.

Presumably you cancelled the card with your bank. If you didn't tell PM, they wouldn't even know before your Nov 21 renewal date. What did you do on the PM account side, anything more complicated than changing the credit card? I've changed CC in the past but never had a problem.

Abheer

Hi @rogue17a 
Check your renewal date, check if it has been changed to Nov 09 or if it still your old renewal date. This can be done by logging in to your self-serve account and scrolling down on the "overview" page.

image_2023-11-15_134423491.png

Need Help? Let's chat.