cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where'd this come from?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently reactivated one of my accounts that I put aside for a few months to test some other things on another account.

When did this happen? I only just noticed it. It's been active for a week or so.

promothing.jpg

20 REPLIES 20

@Anonymous 

I reactivated the account that recieved the reminder email on Monday. I checked it on Wednesday and no promo. Logged in last night and there it was.....just doubled checked this morning to make sure I wasn't dreaming!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@darlicious : lol I don't think I've ever seen that email with my dormant account in all the times I've been getting into mid-80 days of suspension.

@Anonymous 

Interesting.....well I went looking and neither account that recieved "promotional" data/minutes had an offer in their email nor does the next account that will need to be unsuspended. Interestingly the last account to be unsuspended had two reminder emails to unsuspend or be deactivated.

Screenshot_20210330-165832~3.pngScreenshot_20210330-165903~3.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Spudster : Who knows. That account already has 870 international minutes and 984 minutes of Canada-wide. The plan is the $10 plan with 50 minutes Canada-wide.

The third account has 500 minutes international and 1000 Canada-wide also on the $10 50 minutes Canada-wide plan.

But hey I'm not complaining.  It just seemed odd that I had no offer on this account after it had been suspended for almost 3 months. Then I suspend another account and 2 weeks later it gets this offer. I won't be reactivating that third account for another couple months if I bother to so then it won't be getting this offer.

I'll await wetcoaster's report on whether it goes anywhere after a renewal. I wonder about the 1/1 in the promo area.

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Anonymous 

You suppose they would offer a different teaser to someone who had Canada-wide?

@Anonymous  - Nice!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wetcoaster , @darlicious :

Explained. I reactivated my "data" account a couple weeks ago and then a couple days later let my "dormant" account suspend. I got this to the email address of my dormant account today. Not a peep to my data account email address when it was suspended.

500minutes.jpg

Luddite: I don't need a self-solution thanks.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Anonymous  I reactivated a suspended account about 2 weeks ago and didn't receive the promo. 😢

I do recall though, that PM sent, a while ago, a promo code to some suspended accounts to reactivate. Just another PM mystery glitch, but in a good way. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Anonymous wrote:

wetcoaster didn't say he had needed any help restarting though. But maybe he did.

@Anonymous 

Negative, never needed any assistance with that particular account. I hope I haven't jinxed it now...

If you hadn't brought it up it would have stayed a gift unicorn (not to be inspected and just enjoyed while it lasted...)

Will report back after renewal night, if I remember.

@darlicious wrote:

@dabr 

I find these "random" bonuses only happen on the "glitchy" accounts. So something bad happens on the account that has to get fixed and its followed up by something good! Not a single one of the accounts I manage that tick along like clockwork have ever had a "random" bonus.

@darlicious   Hmm...yeah I'm inclined to agree with you that's the most likely reason for these bonuses based on your experience and @Anonymous last post.

@Anonymous 

Its the pm world balancing itself out.....even steven kind of thing. I still haven't figured out why I got rewarded like an oracle one month.....but it did coincide with the "job" posting announcement. But as you said I wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so that's a maybe. When I reactivated this account, it didn't restart on its own. It had plenty of balance. I Resumed. Still showing as suspended and Expired. Different browser even. I forgot to try to suspend/resume it again. The moderator did something to fix it. Once I saw that it was fixed and done, I left it. Maybe just maybe they stuck that little extra in. But why put it in as a promo? Just put it in as an add-on. Of course I can't look a gift horse in the mouth and all that but it's just odd.

wetcoaster didn't say he had needed any help restarting though. But maybe he did.

@dabr 

I find these "random" bonuses only happen on the "glitchy" accounts. So something bad happens on the account that has to get fixed and its followed up by something good! Not a single one of the accounts I manage that tick along like clockwork have ever had a "random" bonus.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Hmm...interesting.  I'm now wondering whether to reactivate my suspended account a little early to find out if those bonus mins get added to it as well.   OTOH not sure I want to move up the payment cycle on that account as the current renewals work well for the times it's needed.

Nice to get those bonus extras though, glitch or not... 😊

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous - huh, interesting. I see nothing like that in my accounts. But then again, I have not reactivated any.

Keep us apprised.

@Anonymous 

Your posts now explains some things but creates questions about other things...... I have 2 accounts that recently came out of suspension. Both suffered from some kind of glitch that dropped their scheduled plan changes and they ended up with the province-wide $15 and I advised them to ask for the $5/500min add on as compensation that they both recieved except...

1. Account A recieved the $5/500min in the normal section of your overview. But the next day it recieved in the promotions section on the right a 3GB data add on that is currently active and in use. It is being used first despite there being other freebie data add ons on the account. I told the account holder to just say nothing and take it as extra compensation!
  2. Account B recieved the $5/500min in the promotions section of the account. The account holder and I discussed this as I told them that it was unusual but I assumed that because the mod they had dealt with was new that they must have just added "the one time exception" add on as a promotion.

But now I see that it is the same as yours and @wetcoaster 's. I will soon be suspending the bf's current account and unsuspending his other one so we shall soon see what's up. 

@LurganIeUk 

I also noticed my referrals have changed from  $8 to $10 but with 8 numbers showing as 2 are currently suspended.....but before the overnight system maintenance the other night it was $8/8.

@Anonymous 

Ok now you've got me curious....I'm going to go look at the accounts I manage.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @wetcoaster how's it goin'? 🙂 My "main" account doesn't have it. This is actually my second what I call "data" account. My third account that I call my "dormant" account was testing some of the payment methods. It's now suspended. No promo.

So the 1/1 is curious. Will it die on the next renewal? I just wonder where it came from and why. Since you have it and assuming you also see 1/1 then you can report back in another week or so if it drops. Pencil that in to your calendar will ya 🙂

@LurganIeUk : I see the promo under the details too.

I don't think we've seen any use of the promo code yet. During activation yes, but not here.

Similar also shows in your plan description too. My initial thought is...another glitch? It’s there but does not work. It would make sense for your freebie add-ons to show separately from your paid for add-ons. Horn tooting PM within your account...makes sense. Would be nice to see add ons with date of issue.  And the add promotion code...what is that?

118B1EEE-15BD-40DC-B14F-4BE0E614BB50.jpeg

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently reactivated one of my accounts that I put aside for a few months to test some other things on another account.

When did this happen? I only just noticed it. It's been active for a week or so.

promothing.jpg

I don't have the answer, but am curious, so:

Subscribing.

I thought it was just me and I had missed something (which is easily possible). Apparently not. (Also $10 account that is at times dormant, mine came out of hibernation 3 weeks ago, with that same promo showing up.)

Need Help? Let's chat.