cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When people call my number it goes to voice message right away. How to fix this?

FredLin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone doesn't ring when people call.  It goes to voice message right away.  I don't get the voice message too.  I can make outgoing calls without a problem.    Also, the text message is always delayed either sending or receiving?  Is this a network issue with Public Mobile?

15 REPLIES 15

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv    Lol...what did we do before Google came along?  😉

@FredLin   Thanks for the update and good to hear the issue is fixed.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr wrote:

edit:  did you try a network reset too?  Here's a how to do a network reset courtesy of a post by @esjliv :

And I, in-turn, would have to give credits to Google @dabr 😃

FredLin

I resolved the issue by taking my sim card to another phone and then rebooting that phone.  It works as expected.  I then put back the sim card to my phone.  It works.

FredLin

Thanks for the information and suggestion.   I live in the City of Vaughan.   I resolved the issue by taking my sim card to another phone and then rebooting that phone.  It works as expected.  I then put back the sim card to my phone.  It works.

FredLin

Thanks for the information and suggestion.  I resolved the issue by taking my sim card to another phone and then rebooting that phone.  It works as expected.  I then put back the sim card to my phone.  It works.  

FredLin

Thanks for the information and suggestion.  I resolved the issue by taking my sim card to another phone and then rebooting that phone.  It works as expected.  I then put back the sim card to my phone.  It works.

FredLin

Yes.  I was able to receive calls from my phone previously.  I am not a new user as I am with Public Mobile for over a year.  Thanks for the information and suggestion.  I resolved the issue by taking my sim card to another phone and then rebooting that phone.  It works as expected.  I then put back the sim card to my phone.  It works.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@FredLin 

If it's not a porting issue where are you located?

Edit:

Have you tried toggling  airplane mode on/off?

jessedorran

Try *611 

@FredLin   I believe @iliketotalk meant to say re-seat the SIM to ensure the contacts are fitting properly.  Did you recently port in your number?

edit:  did you try a network reset too?  Here's a how to do a network reset courtesy of a post by @esjliv :

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

@FredLin sorry my bad, I meant to say reseat 😲

FredLin

How do you reset the sim card?  Take it out of the phone and re-insert it again? then reboot the phone.  Try that already with the same result.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@FredLin    It could possibly be just a temporary situation with some network interruptions in your area, but you can also try some workarounds like rebooting, toggling airplane mode on/of.   Another couple of options is to try a network reset or setting your network to 3G/WCDMA temporarily.  If you have another phone, try putting the SIM in that one and reboot and then back to your phone and restart.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@FredLin wrote:

My phone doesn't ring when people call.  It goes to voice message right away.  I don't get the voice message too.  I can make outgoing calls without a problem.    Also, the text message is always delayed either sending or receiving?  Is this a network issue with Public Mobile?

Were you previously able to receive calls with Public Mobile? Your ability to make outgoing calls confirms that there is 3G coverage in your area. Sometimes it seems if the phone cannot switch from LTE to 3G fast enough, the incoming call will be missed, and this issue resolves after a while. To work around this, try disabling LTE by forcing your phone to 3G mode (aka HSPA/WCDMA) and and see if incoming calls now come through.

Did you recently port in your number? If so, your port may still be in a transition state where incoming calls are still being routed to the previous provider and you'll need to followup with Public Mobile support reps to check the status of the port. The process to port a number from another provider involves a confirmation text being sent to the old service provider that has to be replied to within 90 minutes, so it's important to have the old SIM card in the phone at that time to receive and reply to that message before putting the Public Mobile SIM back in. In that respect, check if you put your old SIM card back into your phone to see if it still has service...

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@FredLin hi try to reseat your sim then reboot phone also manually try phone in 3g you  can contact a customer service agent Click here 

Need Help? Let's chat.