cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I went to buy a sim card. I thought that was all I was doing. Got also a plan I didn't want.

Aggatha
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

14 REPLIES 14

Aggatha

Thank you!  I have reached out to this link and am hoping for the best.

hi @Aggatha use the easy way to submit ticket, just message them using this link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Aggatha

Hello!  So I tried the chat and tried to submit a ticket and tried to use the categories listed even though none of them were even close to my problem.  Any way it didn't matter how I filled out the questions, it came back as an error and I could not submit my ticket.  I used to be a Koodo customer and never had a problem with doing everything online.  Never had to use a forum either. I don't get why this is so difficult.

hi @Aggatha please submit ticket with PM agent and they will reply via community inbox.  Use this link to start

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Aggatha wrote:

So I logged out, then logged back in.  I tried to chat with service agent and apparently there is no agent available.  I had tried this yesterday as well and same thing.  

There is no live chat provided for customer servcie at Public Mobile.  A ticket needs to be opened.

Aggatha

So I logged out, then logged back in.  I tried to chat with service agent and apparently there is no agent available.  I had tried this yesterday as well and same thing.  

Aggatha

I am logged in with ever safe but the chat bot keeps asking me to log in with ever safe.  I can't get past it.  I try to re-log in but I can't because I'm already logged in.   

OK. Well, let's start with this. See that little chat bubble in the bottom right corner, enter Customer Service Agent and follow the prompts to chat with an agent to resolve that part.

They will mail you a SIM card which can take up to 3 weeks to get. You can however order one faster off of Amazon or click on this link to find a store in your area that sells them. 

Find a store near to you | Public Mobile

Amazon 

Aggatha

When on the page to pick a plan I clicked on the $24 plan with 4G speed and 5 Gibs of data.  A promotion for new subscribers only.  When I clicked on it, I was then taken to a page to order a sim card.  As there are no brick and mortar stores in my area I chose a physical sim card.  I thought I was just ordering the sim card and I gave my credit card number and shipping address.  The amount looked a little off, but I wrote it off to taxes.  Once I confirmed the sale it became clear that I had inadvertently signed up for the $15 plan with 3G speed & 250gs of data.  I just want the plan and a sim card that I wanted.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Aggatha 

You've chosen my answer as the solution to your problem. However I really didn't do anything yet. Please remove the solution and share with us what's happening so we can guide you through this. 🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Aggatha 

Are you trying to get the free SIM without going on a new plan?

Don’t think you can do that.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Aggatha 

We are going to need more information. Please share with us what exactly happened. Thank you.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Aggatha   Do you mean you got the wrong plan, or didn't want a plan at all (if that, was the sim for someone else?).  

Need Help? Let's chat.