cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the reason for CS agents if they don't have power to fix things?

brother
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am one of the (many?) persons that have not received the promised promo rewards and credits. I did submit a ticket to CS and the kind response was that the agent acknowledges the mistake and will submit a ticket to the PM technical dept.  So what's the point of going through SIMON and eventually getting to the submit ticket stage followed by having to submit PIN numbers and other info --- all that resulted in the CS basically saying - yes you are correct and I am submitting a ticket.  Cut and pasting below the CS response to my query ---

Re: Ticket ID:XXXXXXXXX Rewards / Public Points

Thank you, Athena

I've just checked and it seems that you were eligible for the promotion back in August however the discount was never applied. I've just submitted a ticket to our technical department, reference number: XXXXXXXX

Please note that we'll have the resolution within the next 72 hours. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience created.

UPDATE : Maybe I was a bit rash - just got the following note from the CS agent. 

No worries, Athena, I've just applied the $5 credit to your account as a one-time exception so you can renew your plan 🙂 I remain at your disposal.

Kind regards,

8 REPLIES 8

brother
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

A lot of time and frustration that resulted in at most the equivalent of a McDonald’s meal.  But perhaps it was just the challenge. 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes you were rash - as are others that seem to want immediate action. I only had a couple of times reason to ask CS for help and both times I did get satisfactory results. I think that one has to also account for the different time zones because on one occasion I asked the CS agent where he was located and he told me that he was in Poland and uses his cell phone to help customers.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Glad it got resolved. They can usually resolve most issues in a timely fashion. There may be a bit of back and forth and handing off to different agents, but ultimately get resolved. the biggest issue is ppl using the chatbot to get there which is a nightmare by the sounds of it and not knowing how to do it directly and way more efficiently.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@brother 

Ummmm.... It doesn't look resolved to me. Did you qualify for the $25 bonus referral credit? With $5 credited in the first week of each of the next 5 months? I don't know what the glitches with this promotion but they never resolved my glitch with the June bonus referral credit both my referral and I waited over 4 months to get any credit whatsoever with me checking in numerous times to the numerous tickets and never getting a result. Once the fourth credit was applied I asked for the entire credit to be applied to each of our accounts plus $5 each. I suggest after the first week of October passes if you do not get your $5 credit applied to your account and a text message sent to you telling you they've applied the $5 credit I was just demand the whole darn thing. You shouldn't have to work so hard to get a $25 promotional credit.

Edit:

If the CSA ask why you want the entire credit just refer them to this thread.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/May-RAF-5-credit-5-5-25/td-p/832714

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks for the update @brother , happy to see that resolved   🙂

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@brother   don't forget CS agent just like the call centre agent for any provider, they are just call centre agent.  They are only first level support.  They try to help but they cannot fix everything.  And all call centre staff are like that, they try to close the ticket as quick as possible.  The time duration of each open ticket is negatively related to their performance.  So, call centre 101, close the ticket as fast as you can.  Best way to close fast, copy and paste template answers

Luckily like any call centre, as a customer if you do not like the answer and do not think the agent was correct, simply ask them to escalate and have the ticket reviewed by senior staff

Hope it helps

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@brother hi not sure what your issue is it seems like they are working on it and it will be fixed in the next few days,I had the same issue and they fixed mine, be patient !!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@brother 

Agents do have the power to resolve certain problems, but as in any company some issues need to be escalated to others to fix in the back end.

Need Help? Let's chat.