Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does 90-day Subscription mean?

Ck_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hello Community,

We’ve been receiving some questions about our new 90-day subscriptions and we’re here to answer. 

Your data allowance and billing are calculated over a 90-day cycle, not monthly. For instance, if your subscription plan is $65/month, you would pay $195 at the start of the 90-day cycle, compared to a 30-day subscription where you would pay $80/month. That’s $15/month in savings.

A 90-day subscription provides you with all your data upfront so you can better manage your data usage over a longer period, so if you use less data in one month, it's not lost – you can carry that usage over to the next month within the same 90-day cycle.

Why Choose a 90-day Subscription?

• Flexibility: Purchase everything upfront and use however you want over 90 days 
  • Savings: When compared to 3 months on a 30-day subscription 

Here’s an example to illustrate: 

30-day Subscription

90-day Subscription

You pay

$80

$195

$/Month

$80

$65

Savings/Month

$15

Data Upfront

50GB

150GB

Pay Period

Every 30 days

Every 90 days

If you have more questions, check out our FAQ article here.

All the best,

The Public Mobile Team

13 REPLIES 13

JDBlue1966
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

How do I change from pre paying monthly to 3 months? 

JDBlue1966
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I have the same issue. How do we change to the 90 day plan?

Psyrat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to change my plan to a 90 day sub.... but there seems to be no way to do that? The plan i select states that it has a 90 day sub version... but if i select it, it just takes me to my payment for a 1 month version and there seems to be no options to change that. How can i do a 90 day subscription?

danielsk

Yes, 75 GB upfront for the 90 day period.

jdlewis

Sorry, I just want to make crystal clear that I understand before I click the button...

I have a $39/30 day plan that has $6 taken off of it with the old rewards system. So, if I subscribe to the 90-day plan, it is showing me $102/90-days ($39 - $5 * 3) but I should actually only be charged $84/90-Days ($39 - $5 - $6 * 3)?

Just want to make sure because if the $5 rebate for every 30 days negates the $6 that I am getting with the old rewards program it isn't worth it to me.

Thanks!

@J_PM , @Ck_PM , need to ask

For those who are on the Old 90 Day Grandfathered Unlim Can-Wide-US-L-D, Unlim Global Text and 6 GB Data 4G LTE $150, Really wished that access to 5G could also be an Add-On as well, so, either a Flat fee for 30 or 90 Day, so to retain the Grandfathered Plans that also have the US-L-D as the New 90 Day lacks this currently

J_PM
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Everyone! Confirming that you can still access 90 day plans. It's just a few more clicks under your desired subscription plan. 

@DennyCrane 

You are correct. You will get 75 GB over 90 days. 

I'm talking about the notation in blue that says 3x the data. 

@jor123 

@jor123 wrote:

If on the old rewards system, are the rewards tripled for each 90 day subscription cycle? Ie if you got $10 off in rewards per 30 days, is $30 applied once every 90 days?

Yes, that is correct for past 90 days plans. You should be getting old rewards every 90 days, instead of monthly. 

@DennyCrane wrote:

How does 3x the data work though? On the $65/plan ($55 for 90 days), do you get 75gb of data for the 90 day period?

Screenshot_20230524-091318.png

@DennyCrane 

Poor wording.  If you are on the rewards points system, you will get 3x back the reward points (ie. $3.25/month)

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

If on the old rewards system, are the rewards tripled for each 90 day subscription cycle? Ie if you got $10 off in rewards per 30 days, is $30 applied once every 90 days?

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

How does 3x the data work though? On the $65/plan ($55 for 90 days), do you get 75gb of data for the 90 day period?

Screenshot_20230524-091318.png

Need Help? Let's chat.