cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Western Canada Network Outage, August 19, 2024

For discussion about network issues in Western Canada that started on August 19, 2024, please continue the conversation in this thread.

246 REPLIES 246

@hairbag1 wrote:

@will13am 

at your next group meetings with Public Mobile team, can you suggest they be a bit more forthcoming with outage incident info. I would be appreciated by all and limit the confusion on whether the issue is on PM end or customer end. As of now, they've remained silent on yesterdays system upset that affected many PM customers. Can they not provide some info during future system outage/upsets ?

Trust me I have always been one of the most vocal about being transparent.  When you pretend nothing is happening, it normalization of deviance.  

@will13am 

at your next group meetings with Public Mobile team, can you suggest they be a bit more forthcoming with outage incident info. I would be appreciated by all and limit the confusion on whether the issue is on PM end or customer end. As of now, they've remained silent on yesterdays system upset that affected many PM customers. Can they not provide some info during future system outage/upsets ?

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

realistically, all service provider will try to bring up the service ASAP , so asking for ETA is not very useful

but of course, yesterday was not good, PM didn't make an announcement here.   

The dropped call problem was on and off for many months.  Generally customers got nothing.  The ToS has problems like this covered.  

RDE
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great question.  I found the disruption challenging and it would have been good to have been notified this was going to happen and how long it would be.  

slusagm

for most service provider, a one day interruption like that, they won't do much., especially you still have data , text.

But you can still ask.  Just open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HI @Charmaine12341 

not sure if they will do.  We are just customers, so, best to check with PM support agent directly, and share their answer

please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".  
If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Charmaine12341

Is PM going to issue a refund or some other compensation for loss of service yesterday for outgoing calls to all the customers who experienced this? I have asked Customer Service several times and the question has been ignored. For those of us who are faithful customers who keep their payments up to date, it would be a meaningful and appreciative gesture from PM. Come together Community and let's ask in numbers. Because the issue is fixed doesn't mean the question should be ignored in the hope it will go away.

slusagm

@Dianabeee wrote:

On Vancouver Island no outgoing calls all day and still the same issue at 11 pm. Will this be fixed tomorrow?

@Dianabeee  you tested and does it work this morning? remember to reboot the phone first.

MELDER
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yay, tried my phone this morning and it is working for outgoing calls again.

@Vincent_Rudy 

that's been an ongoing problem for many Public Mobile customers today. Seems to be a network upset and we can only hope they fix it ...eventually.  Hang in there.

Dianabeee

On Vancouver Island no outgoing calls all day and still the same issue at 11 pm. Will this be fixed tomorrow?

Lydavid

I still cannot make outgoing calls. Been 36 hours.

Vincent_Rudy

i cannot make a call. Can receive incoming calls, swnd amd receive messages

Magignome2024

My husband and I have the exact same phones, both deal with PM, and he can call out and everything is working for him, I how ever can't call out.  

Kosolowich

Cannot make outgoing calls. Why?

Roye

It's now 10pm and I still can't call out!

Roye

I put in a ticket at 8am and have received zero help or response😡 It is now 10pm.  Very poor customer service.

@Mitos  there was an outage earlier.  Some might be fixed while others still experiencing issues. 

Try to restart your phone and see what happens.

If still not working you can continue to wait for everything to be back up and running or use the orange chatbot to create a ticket to public mobile.

@Leviwalker777  known outage affecting many. hopefully it will be back up and running soon

jyvester

same problem in BC

Mitos

I am on 4G network. I can receive and text out. But, can not call out or receive phone calls. What's the fix?

Leviwalker777

What's going on?

Gigi121

Weird…probably best to enter a ticket as pet slusagm’s suggestion below

MELDER

I am also in BC and put in a service ticket. I have received one reply and responded. Now I am waiting for further communication. I presume they are pretty busy with everyone that is having this problem.

Brycc1

Many Reboots.  Still not working.  I can send and receive texts.  I can receive calls but not make calls.

I think something missed in the billing.  My auto renew was today.  My account shows data is okay but my call minutes is at minus two.  My international texts are at minus one.  Very odd.

MELDER

I also live in BC and am having the same problem.

slusagm

@elb @Saffire0 

some said the issue is resolved and they can make and receive now.  Telus also removed the outage note.  Try reboot the phone, try your sim in another phone if possible.  If still cannot make calls or receive, ask PM to check.   

open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

or message them using this link:

Saffire0

I still can't either. I'm in BC. Been over 12 hours now. 

Happybythec

i am having same issue and live in BC. 

Need Help? Let's chat.