cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA-Canada Account

6227C1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just want to replay my experience with an account on PM which may help others.

A few months back I switched to the $34 50GB USA-Canada account. I thought it was the best option for my short trip down south. Rather than the temporary roaming add-in options, this one seemed to be a pretty good deal.

It was in the middle of my cycle but I decided to switch right away to prepare for my trip.

I went through 9 states during my trip (eastern USA) and only used about 2 GB (?) of data. This included using my GPS and Google maps every day to look for businesses and restaurants. I rarely watch videos online, including on social media so my data consumption was low.

I did not have to manually switch any settings such as 4G/5G, network provider, etc... Everything was automatic and I was getting a cell signal everywhere. Relatives from western Canada with another provider, had some bad spots in a few areas, but my signal was fairly good. Phone calls were clear with no issues receiving or calling out. I have a cheaper 4-year old mid-tier Xiaomi phone so I was very pleased.

If anyone is going to travel down south and is wondering whether PM's USA-Canada roaming plans are good, then don't hesitate - they are good! If you have any questions then shoot them my way and I'll try my best to answer them. 😊

9 REPLIES 9

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@6227C1 - That is awesome to hear! Last month I had an awesome experience with the plan. Was able to go on all of the big three networks and... being able to go on Rogers EXT?

6227C1

Hi @DAW , this was available back in May when I took my trip. I see that it has been replaced with $34/15GB and $39/50GB as of now. Some people have advised to wait for back-to-school specials in Sep, or if you can wait longer, for the Black Friday specials. There may be better deals at these times. I have no regrets changing to this plan from my previous $25/500MB plan. I don't bother looking for free wi-fi any more and it's more secure this way. Cheers. 😊

Dawn222
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Oh wow!!! That is amazing!!! This is all on a 30-day plan as well?

hi @Dawn222 yes, unlimited talk included as well.  You can call from Canada to US and Canada as well as call from US to Canada and US. All included 

Dawn222

Sorry!! On top of that, my current subscription is $35/month, 2.5GB @3G speed, 30-day plan (aren’t they all), Unlimited Canada-wide Talk, Unlimited International Text. Advice is greatly appreciated! 

Dawn222

May I ask, this is unlimited Canada-US talk as well? I’m on an old plan and don’t want to miss out but can’t find anyone to help give breakdown details to see if this is a better option for me.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

The roaming service should generally be awesome considering it leverages both the AT&T and T-Mobile networks.  Americans would have to run two services simultaneously to get same network performance.  Those of us that are lucky enough to be on the $34/50GB CAN-US plan are essentially getting the roaming for free.  

6227C1

I have a Xiaomi Poco F3. Still going strong so I won't upgrade any time soon.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

thanks for the info.

and what phone you have??

Need Help? Let's chat.