cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail states it is full but in fact it's not

garyv
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi. I'm having an issue where someone can't leave a voicemail because it's full. I checked my voicemail (647) 580-4001 and 1-778-580-4001 but both are saying no messages. 

Any ideas on how to fix it? Thank you

9 REPLIES 9

diamondjoeg

Hey Gary,

Any chance your vm started working again?  My wife's and mine just started working again.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

For good measure, reset the conditional forward settings that normally default to Public Mobile's voicemail deposit number... Enter this in your dialer:

##004#

Then test calling it from a non-Public Mobile phone. If you don't have another phone line handy, consider signing up for a free account with the TextNow app which will let you select a Canadian number and give you unlimited calling to/from Canada & USA over Wi-Fi or mobile data. Great for travel, but also great for test calls. 🙂

Edit: the reason people are asking if you recently ported is that some calls may still be arriving at the voicemail of your previous provider. If the caller is with with the carrier you were originally with, that carrier may still be routing their calls to your old voicemail for some reason. It would be interesting to investigate further to see if you can tell if the voicemail announcement the caller hears is what you recorded on your old voicemail, or the new recording on your Public Mobile voicemail.

smerry

Hi @darlicious , I just switched my plans and this is the issue that I am having. 

@garyv ok, if you are sure the voicemail people got is the correct one, PM's one, then it could be a VM setup problem on PM side.  

There is no way to reset voice mail mailbox yourself.  So, you might have to open ticket with PM Support and have them to confirm or reset it once on the back end

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

garyv

Yes yes and yes. I have been getting calls no problem. I also setup my voicemail greetings in public mobile without any problems.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@garyv 

Did you reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) when you ported over? Call your phone # from another phone. Is it the same voicemail greeting?

@garyv   did you ever receive incoming calls since joining PM?

I wonder if the porting was completed.  It could be the porting was not done and the voicemail people heard saying it was full was in fact the voicemail from the OLD provider, not PM's

So, important question is, did you receive ANY incoming calls or text from friends?

garyv

Hi. I'm new to public mobile. Just ported over to $40/15GB plan last week 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@garyv 

Did you just change your plan to the $40/15gb plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.