cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail message does not play

Flipper9
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

When you call my phone and I don't pick up it goes to voicemail, but it doesn't play the message I recorded.  It plays an automated message.  I have activated the message I want it to play but it is not working.  How do I fix this?

7 REPLIES 7

Flipper9

Hi Phil_Adelphus,

I have an iPhone running ios17.  I just checked the settings and Live Voicemail was 'on'.  I turned it off now.  I will check the voicemail message tomorrow and update this community.

Thank you.

HI @Flipper9 

did you try to re-record the custom greetings?

Flipper9

Hi Yummy,

I used my own phone.

Flipper9

Hi hTideGnow,

I did all these steps and the response was, "your message is activated".  However, when you call and I don't answer, it does not play the message.  It use to play the message, then something changed and I didn't change anything.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Flipper9   Do you have an iPhone running ios17?  If so it is probably Live Voicemail.  You can turn it off in settings so that calls go to Public Mobile voicemail which will play your personal message instead of the automated Apple message.  If your messages are going to PM voicemail regardless then that would not be the problem.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you set up your vmail using your mobile phone very FIRST time?
If you try to set it up calling vmail through other phone it will not work. You have to set it up pressing '1' and going through menus, etc.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Flipper9 

after you recorded your greeting , you have to activate it, try this

Call your voicemail, then Press 3 (manage your greetings), then 1 (manage your personal greetings) finally 1 to activate a personal greeting

Need Help? Let's chat.