cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail Indicates 1 Message on New iPhone 15 Pro

GSA
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently bought an iPhone 15 Pro (previously had a iPhone X) and noticed the Voicemail icon indicating I had 1 message.  When I check my voicemail, the response says there are no new messages. Interestingly (or maybe not), our second iPhone 15 Pro is doing the same thing.  The question is: How can I clear the message counter on the Voicemail icon? 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@GSA  My guess would be that its the new Live Voicemail in ios 17 as superman26 said. I haven't got it all figured out yet but I had a voicemail notification and it was in the live voicemail (which transcribes messages as they are being left) and there was nothing in the regular PM voicemail because Apple had intercepted it. I still haven't quite figured out exactly how to use it!

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@GSA 

Disable Phone Notifications and reboot your phone then enable Notifications after the iPhone 15 turns back on.

superman26
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@GSA iOS17 has Live Voicemail ON by default. Your 1 message that you "haven't heard" is likely a Visual Voicemail type of message that you can listen to on the Voicemail tab that you play without calling into your PM voicemail number how you used to. What is the craziest thing is if your 2nd iPhone 15 Pro that you are using is also using the same iCloud account that you have on your phone, all those Visual Voicemail type will show in all your iOS 17 devices. If you want to go the traditional route how it was before, then go to Settings-Phone and turn OFF Live Voicemail. Hope this helps.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@GSA 

that's happened to me on the rare occasion. Make sure to delete the old message...then tomorrow reboot phone to see if it's gone now.

Need Help? Let's chat.