cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice over LTE

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Has there been any word on the rumours of voice over lte potentially coming this September since?

9 REPLIES 9

jor123

Hmm yeah, I don't remember a lot about it other than reading people claiming Sept at the time for whatever reason. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@jor123  I think the rumour started by some member said a CS agent replied the ticket saying VoLTE with Roaming will come Sept.  But It was quickly confirmed that it is not true

Not sure when will it come , but PM does sound like they are working on it.  Hopefully we won't be still talking about "VoLTE", "when" next summer  

jor123

Thanks. Hope we get it sooner than later. 

@CGO wrote:

Koodo launched volte and wifi calling 4 years ago.

No VoLTE is a Telus prepaid shortcoming.  None of Telus Mobility, Koodo Mobile, nor Public Mobile offer VoLTE to prepaid customers.

CGO
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Koodo launched volte and wifi calling 4 years ago.

Anything said by anyone at Telus, Public Mobile, or at the stores about a September VoLTE launch was made by someone who wasn't authorized to speak on the matter. It should be taken with a grain of salt.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Nope. There have been more reports of success using 2G on T-Mobile for talk though. And text. Make sure your phone does 2G (it most likely does). Data might be a problem. Check your APN to see if T-Mobile changes it.

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@jor123 hi sorry nothing new to add 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jor123     Nothing to date.  I'd be surprised if it happens this year knowing how long it takes for PM to do these sorts of updates, but maybe they'll surprise us? 

Need Help? Let's chat.