cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have not received my SIM; Refund

droyed
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently moved to Vancouver and ordered a PM SIM card at the start of last week. However, I have not received it yet. I tried to chat with customer care but they could not offer any assistance - most of them disconnected without offering any answers. 

I'm thinking of going with a different provider. Can anyone suggest how do I apply for a refund?

Any other suggestions are welcome. 

Thank you. 

19 REPLIES 19

droyed

Thanks for that. 

Public Mobile messaged me yesterday and said that they would not be able to fulfil the order. They offered to send a new SIM card by mail or issue a refund. I chose the latter. No explanation was provided. I just wasted the past 10 days when I could have visited a store and obtained a local number. I feel tired and frustrated. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@droyed 

How did I miss your'e in Vancouver? Now we have a bit of bad timing but I was going to suggest I could give you a phone number to get the verification code on and then pass it along to you. That would get you the VoIP number while you await the the arrival of the SIM card as you must already have an address and an email is easy enough to create? Pm sim card and you activate you can just change the number associated with your apple id.

@droyed wrote:

Yes, I would need Canadian address and phone number, and an email to get going. 

@droyed   

Email is easy, just setup a new Gmail

For payment on activation, get a Prepaid Visa card from SDM or other stores and then you can setup with the Prepaid card.  Of course, if you have family or friends, you can also ask them to help

droyed

Yes, I would need Canadian address and phone number, and an email to get going. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@droyed 

So I guess that goes for a Canadian Apple ID? When you register for a Canadian Apple ID do you use both an email and a phone number? Can you change the phone number at a later date? But still access your Apple ID through your email?

droyed

I cannot register into Canadian App Store without a Canadian phone number.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@droyed 

Can you register a Canadian Apple ID separate from your other Apple ID? If so this might resolve your problem with accessing the Canadian app store.

droyed

I tried two VPNs, but for some reason, they (one way or the other) re-routed me to switch App stores which required phone/text verification 😞

@droyed wrote:

Thanks for that. I have already looked into all of these options. Unfortunately, without a Canadian phone number, I cannot access the Canadian App store 

@droyed  So,  you are on iPhone?  cos if it is Android, you can easily sideload the app

for the sim card, I suggest you simply wait for another week.  It should arrive this week as it usually arrive quicker than 3 weeks for major Canadian city.  But if you are in a rush, you might want to buy it from a Telus or Koodo store instead.

Throwing something out there, I don't know if this will do anything but...can you use a VPN and get to the app store? (I didn't even realize they were localized)

droyed

Thanks for that. I have already looked into all of these options. Unfortunately, without a Canadian phone number, I cannot access the Canadian App store (because I'm signed into my overseas App Store). And therefore, I cannot download a lot of these Apps (which are only available on the Canadian App Store) 😞 I cannot even switch to the Canadian App Store which needs a phone/text verification which in turn requires a Canadian phone number. I have been going in circles ever since I have arrived!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@droyed 

Since you have access to the internet I'm assuming on Wi-Fi you can download either text now or fongo and choose a local Canadian number to use for free on Wi-Fi. It can also be used on mobile data as well once you have a Mobile account. There are other great uses for it too as a workaround for roaming outside of Canada.

TextNow has more ads but it has completely free calling and texting whereas fongo has minimal ads but charges a fee if you want to be able to send outgoing text however you could receive incoming text and call for free. This is an option for you in the meantime while you await the arrival of your sim card. Let's just hope it's been delayed by the holiday weekend and you will get it this week.

droyed

Yes, I agree. I ordered it towards the end of August. And so I was expecting the sim to arrive last week. It has been incredibly difficult to manage other things (e.g., setting up bank account, ordering food and products online) without a local phone number. 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@droyed 

I don't disagree with you it is totally unacceptable but we are just relating what can happen. You can also receive it within 3 to 5 business days that does happen too. So count five business days from the day you ordered if that was September 2nd then you should hopefully receive your sim card by Friday September 9th.

droyed

3 weeks?! That is completely unacceptable. I was told that I will receive the SIM card in 3-5 days.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@droyed 

contact PM support team by private message > CS_Agent   with your order #. to check it out.. if they found the tracking number not delivery. them get refund and 

go to Find TELUS Stores Near you  or  Koodo Stores   to buy it SIM card in person..

or buy it online fast shipping  SIM Card from Amazon

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@droyed wrote:

I recently moved to Vancouver and ordered a PM SIM card at the start of last week.

@droyed 

So, it's only one week.  It could take as many as 3 weeks to get the sim card.

But last month when I ordered mind, I got it around 1.5 week.  Given that it is a long weekend, I think you should be getting it this week (at least hopefully  🙂  )

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@droyed hi it sometimes takes over three weeks I would wait until then and ask where it is or where it was sent maybe at that point ask for a refund 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@droyed 

Welcome to the public mobile community!

When you say at the end of last week do you mean like September 1st or 2nd? Unfortunately Public Mobile has shipping times can vary from 3 days to 3 weeks. With it being a holiday weekend and today being Labor Day the SIM card may not have even shipped yet.

You can always try contacting customer support and asking to cancel your order if it has not shipped. You said you've been disconnected from customer care which seems to indicate you were on the telephone? All customer support at Public Mobile is online and you communicate through your private messages which is the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen next to your avatar. You can submit a ticket through the chat bot Simon or you can send a private message.

If you want to activate right away you can obtain a public mobile SIM card at retail corporate Telus and koodo stores. You can use the store locator located at the bottom of the page in the green section however they need to update their listings so you may be better off using Google to search out one of these retail locations and call them ahead of time to ensure that they have Public Mobile SIM cards in stock and for sale. The MSRP is $10 plus tax. If customer support cannot cancel your order you can always leave that SIM card as a spare SIM card in case you ever have an issue needing to replace your own or you can refer a friend and earn points or a bonus referral credit if a promotion of that nature is currently on offer.

When you do activate ask around if anyone you know has a referral code because they are also Public Mobile customer. If you don't know anyone that can give you a referral code you can private message any community member here and ask for their referral code so you can receive the $10 bonus referral credit. Unsolicited referral codes are against the rules and are not to be used.

Who you choose is up to you. It can be someone who has helped you, who has a username that you think is funny or cute or someone from your local community it's totally up to you.

Take the time to examine the different plans that are on offer and decide which one is best for you if it's at least $25 you can use the promo code 12MONTHS2GB or if it's $35 or more you can likely use the promo code 2GBBONUS. Both will give you 2 GB of recurring monthly plan data in addition to the plan data that is included. The first promo code is for 12 months the second promo code has an unlimited duration with no expiry. Although it may only work on 3G plans.

If you have more questions feel free to ask them we're here to help you.

Edit to add:

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Need Help? Let's chat.