cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice mail

Mrcollison
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why does my phone say "connection problem or invalid MMI code" when just try to call my voice mail?? 

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meow : If you use the reset voicemail password function that sets the password to the 10 digit phone number you can then use any phone to do that initial set up. (unless things have changed)

Actually when I signed up and tried to use my voice mail, system insisted I have to access it very first time from my cell phone. I did tried to change passwords, whatnot but at the end I had to call from my cell, set mailbox and since then I can access it from any phone.

It took few minutes so it was not big deal as I did it close to end of billing cycle and had available  minutes which would expire anyway.

@Meow@Yummy  : Nice reply of experience. (I did put my disclaimer in 🙂 ) Specific keyword though...change password or reset voicemail password in the self-serve. I suppose that's like change password but you don't get to "change" it at that point.

iirc the process is reset voicemail password then use another phone and use that password. Not sure whether it's calling your number or the voicemail access number to get in. It's been a while.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I had the same issue with my voice mail box. Changing password/pin through self serving account did not help.

Had to call it using my mobile phone with PM SIM, set up mailbox and since then it works perfectly.

There are few things you can set up by voice: phone number and greeting message (maybe something else?).

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meow : If you use the reset voicemail password function that sets the password to the 10 digit phone number you can then use any phone to do that initial set up. (unless things have changed)

Actually when I signed up and tried to use my voice mail, system insisted I have to access it very first time from my cell phone. I did tried to change passwords, whatnot but at the end I had to call from my cell, set mailbox and since then I can access it from any phone.

It took few minutes so it was not big deal as I did it close to end of billing cycle and had available  minutes which would expire anyway.

Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to set up your voice mail using your cell phone. For Very first time you access voice mail it has to be done using your cell phone (even though it might use your limited outgoing minutes if you are on $15 plan).

Have your phone number ready, pin, etc. It is easy. You do not have to set up greetings, etc. if you do not want to.

After voice mail has been set up, you can access it through any other phone calling v-mail number and typing your cell phone number, pin.

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I see that you are a new member, if you just signed up I would check to make sure that you have actually setup your voicemail. That might be the issue. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Mrcollison wrote:

Why does my phone say "connection problem or invalid MMI code" when just try to call my voice mail?? 

Hello @Mrcollison ,

Has you voicemail been set up yet?

IF not, check out helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/set-up-voicemail

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Mrcollison 

You likely need to configure  your phone to call the right voicemail access number.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Using-Your-Service/Updated-list-of-Voicemail-Access-N...

Need Help? Let's chat.