cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verifying my identity

Belfast
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I've just completed setting up my account and the next step is to verify my identify by entering a code.  The code has not been sent to my number and I don't seem to have an option to have it sent by email.  Can someone help, please?

12 REPLIES 12

RavingRaven
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 

Golly Gee! You learn something new everyday! Thank you.

@RavingRaven wrote:

@computergeek541 

Can a new customer use the chatbot if they do not have an account PIN # yet? It was out of order for so long I can't remember all of the options for verification. Is there an option to open a ticket in the app without signing in ?

Thanks.

Somebody doesn't even have to be a customers to be able to open a ticket. The chatbot can be used even if the app doesn't allow the ticket.

RavingRaven

@computergeek541 

Can a new customer use the chatbot if they do not have an account PIN # yet? It was out of order for so long I can't remember all of the options for verification. Is there an option to open a ticket in the app without signing in ?

Thanks.

@RavingRaven wrote:

@Belfast 

Do you have any working services on your pm Sim card? If you have none and your koodo Sim card no longer works then your pm Sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. Only customer support can fix this. Send them a private message with "Urgent-Sim card not provisioned upon activation" in the subject line.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The identity verification code when initially logging into your account for the first time is only sent via SMS text. You will need to get Sim card provisioned to your account by an agent first before you can log into your account.

Customers need to be using the chatbot or app to be opening all tickets.

RavingRaven

@Belfast 

Do you have any working services on your pm Sim card? If you have none and your koodo Sim card no longer works then your pm Sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. Only customer support can fix this. Send them a private message with "Urgent-Sim card not provisioned upon activation" in the subject line.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The identity verification code when initially logging into your account for the first time is only sent via SMS text. You will need to get Sim card provisioned to your account by an agent first before you can log into your account.

Belfast

Thanks for replying.  I have not received this option.  I tried entering random numbers to try to trigger this option but it didn't work.

@Belfast wrote:

Thanks for letting me know.  I will watch for updates.  

HI @Belfast 

but did you submit ticket yet?  It has been a long enough issue and seems like you have to put in ticket to get it fixed

Belfast

Unfortunatley, I can't send messages or receive calls either.  I confirmed with Koodoo that I want to transfer my number and now it looks like I'm without service.

Belfast

Thanks for letting me know.  I will watch for updates.  

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Belfast 

Public Mobile is dealing with issues when it comes to SMS on Android and iMessages and FaceTime and such. Yet they still allow people to sign up for their service. There is no ETA of when it will be resolved. Here is their announcement.

Hey Community,

We are aware that some of you are currently unable to successfully use iMessage and or FaceTime features,  and we understand how frustrating this can be. Our teams are working diligently to find the cause. 

In the meantime, please try troubleshoot steps:
Tap Settings > General > Transfer or Reset [Device] > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and will continue to keep you updated. 

Thank you,

• Public Mobile Team

Keep an eye on this thread as they SHOULD update it when things are fixed.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Open-Issue-Trouble-using-iMessage-amp-F...

To Submit a ticket, please click the following link to access the Public Mobile Chatbot:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type: Customer Service Agent

Chalupa_Batman_0-1714250875196.png

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: I am not a Public Mobile employee. I am a customer just like you. Please do not send me a private message with your personal information. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @Belfast 

is your service working? you can make calls and receive calls?

are you requesting to port in the phone number?  Your porting is not done and the could would have send to your old carrier's sim card.  See if you receive the code there

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

You should be able to see email option.

If you did not receive or cannot receive your 2FA code by SMS - Click on: ‘Didn’t get a code’ and you will get more options. Chose email.

Yummy_0-1714250451238.pngYummy_1-1714250454345.png

But I might be wrong. This might Not be available during signing up with PM?

Need Help? Let's chat.