cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Useless Data

Azroo
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

provided monthly based 250 MB data don't allow me to access the facebook. Don't remember and have no idea if I can even access to email as well. Why it didn't work?

6 REPLIES 6

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Azroo   I can tell you from experience that PM does not block Facebook.  If it does, you will see more posts about it

So, what phone you have? we can help.  Maybe you have no data left for this cycle, or maybe you blocked it on your phone

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Azroo I assure you the data is not useless.  It actually works very well.

Either you have an issue with your account set up or your device settings.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Azroo wrote:

provided monthly based 250 MB data don't allow me to access the facebook. Don't remember and have no idea if I can even access to email as well. Why it didn't work?

@Azroo - can you browse any website successfully? If so, then this is an issue with Facebook and email settings/permissions, and not a Public Mobile issue.

Can you view Facebook and email when you are connected to wifi? If so, then see other posts. 

You can also call 611 to check the data balance remaining on your account; the balance also includes any remaining data addons that may be on your account.

EDIT, if your data option setting is turned on in the settings of your device, and you do have data remaining on your account in your current cycle, and you never had access to your data...then perform a reset of the device's network settings. This can help you get connected to the right network.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

Typhon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

250 mb data is nice to have but is not adequate for surfing the web and /or watching videos etc. What you could do is connect to WIFI source when you need Facebook etc. Save your 250 mb for iMessaging and short google look ups etc. Also in your phone's settings disable most unnecessary apps from accessing your data to refresh etc.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Azroo 

250 MB is not a lot of data.

Some can use that in hours; others it can last 30 days.

When you log into your self-serve account, how much data allotment is showing remains?

Stating the obvious, you do have mobile data turned on, correct? Also, ensure you don’t have any data limit are set on your device which would disable data after a certain  preset limit has been reached.

Adding: much like @softech already wrote 🤭

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Azroo the data itself has no restriction to what can be used.  Please check My Account to confirm you still have data left

if you are on iPhone, the Mobile data page and make sure FB app or browser app is granted access. 

if on Android , make sure you disable data limit.  Also, make sure FB dsta usage is allowed on your device's Mobile Data usage page

update: typo corrections 

Need Help? Let's chat.