cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of my phone data/internet

Yatu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I upgraded my data yesterday from a 4.5 to a higher one of 15GB.yesterday and made paid twice for the same. My problem however is that even after the double payment, I am not able to access internet on my phone. Why? I have rebooted my phone and tried all I could, but I am still unable to access or use my data on the phone. What could the matter be?

16 REPLIES 16

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Anonymous 

Lol....I think that was me....

@Yatu 

I hope that was your intention to effect an immediate change to the new plan.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dabr wrote:

Hmm...interesting name...

@dabr : Yup. Guess who's back. Always some drama around here.

Hmm...interesting name...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yatu : well...thanks? for thanking me. 🙂 I don't think I suggested anything like that. Maybe softech. Like with your chosen solution. But alot depends on how much you want to spend. Changing plans immediately means you leave behind your old plan and start a whole new 30 day plan = likely more money but sooner. Changing at next renewal means you use what all you paid for like data and the whole value of talk and text and then that finishes on your same term expiry day and you start a new plan for a new 30 day term = likely more money but later.

But it sounds like you changed it immediately so there you are. Reboot your phone and you should be good to go.

Yatu

@Anonymous, thank you so much! I cancelled my selection of effecting the change later to immediately. I hope it's gonna work! I really appreciate your help.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@softech @popping 

Thank you.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Yatu wrote:

@Anonymous, I had been warned that I had maxed my subscribed data that's why I needed to upgrade. So, I am not sure what I need to do to activate my new plan. Thanks.

@Yatu 

1.  Login to your account to determine how much data that you still have for your current cycle.  

Is your overview page showing your data usage line?

I have a 5GB data on my plan.  My data usage line is

5GB at 3G Speed
3914.835  /  5120 MB

I used 3914MB data so far for my current cycle.

If your overview page does not have the data usage line, you had used all your plan data.

Let us know whether you have any data left.

If yes, you may want to wait until you used most of data before plan change because there is no refund of the unused days for your current cycle.  Any data left will be gone after plan change.  If your next renewal date is a few days away, you may select to be on data diet for a few days.

If no, you can change plan immediately after adding enough fund to your account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yatu 

Did you choose change plan "immediately" or "on next renewal"? How much $$ is showing in your available funds? The double payment amount? Or single amount? What is listed in your transaction history? Just the manual top up amount? Or the new plan purchased? What is showing under "My plan" details on the overview page when you click on it? If you see your new plan is purchased and showing then try rebooting your phone. Check your data settings to make sure your data limiter isn't engaged. Report back your findings.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Agree with @softech, we only recommend member to create a support ticket to get help from CSA when the issue requires CSA to access member account because we cannot access user account.  Only CSA, which are PM employee, can access user account.  At this time, we are trying to find out what had happened to the OP's plan change, OP may or may not need CSA help depending on OP's situation.

@VIP_Tech  Welcome to your contribution PM community.  

Have better and better days everyone and stay safe.

@Yatu  So, is what showing on My Account now the plan you chose?  you can post the screenshot if you don't mind

Also check Payment History https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/payment/Payment-History/ and confirm if PM did charge you twice.  

Yatu

@Anonymous, I had been warned that I had maxed my subscribed data that's why I needed to upgrade. So, I am not sure what I need to do to activate my new plan. Thanks.

@VIP_Tech  

Welcome to the Community.  It is great seeing you so actively participating on your first day here!! Yeah!!!🎆

You seems that you are very eager and in helping and jumping in and reply quickly. Great and Welcome.!!

I am Softech, I am a customer like you too, eager to help and hope to save the day.

But just one little suggestion, we usually try to help others as much as we can instead of just asking them to engage Customer Support Agent.  Afterall, if PM wants that, they wouldn't start this Community but just make a big link to the CS Agent mailbox and that is all PM needs.  I am pretty certain PM would like us to help to gather more information and suggest workarounds first and only direct users to CS Agent as the last resort.

Again, welcome to the community.  No need to rush in replying, just read, ask for more details, suggest workarounds.

Enjoy your day , Enjoy the beautiful service!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Yatu   Did you click Change plan twice? 

Did PM charges you both the OLD plan and the new PLAN amount yesterday?, if that was the case, is that true that yesterday supposed to be your new cycle renewal date?

Can you login to My Account and confirm what plan is it showing you have in the MY Plan section now and check My Data & Add-ons and see how much data you have now.  Would be nice if you provide a screenshot

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yatu : Was your data working before the change? Can you post a screenshot of the left side of your overview page. Is your account showing as Active? Is it showing the new plan?

Need Help? Let's chat.