cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us calling in Hawaii

Lablover
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Has anyone tried the Canada/US plan in Hawaii?

3 REPLIES 3

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Not the plan and pre-volte - works fine. If your phone isn't enabled for volte there is still decent coverage for T-Mobiles old 2G GSM. And that you can manually change the phone to it. Data and text will work fine on either T-Mobile or AT&T on 4G LTE. Text also works on 2G GSM.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

It should work fine. I haven't used my PM roaming plan in Hawaii specifically, but I've used a comparable roaming plan in Hawaii with Telus many times. Same standard recommendations to set your Preferred Network to 4G/LTE, turn data roaming on, and make sure you have a VoLTE device.

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Lablover 

While I haven’t personally used the service in Hawaii, I do know that Public Mobile does support roaming while in Hawaii with your Can-US plan.

Double check if your device is VoLTE roaming with PM before you go:

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

If you aren’t VoLTE enabled, you will have to connect to T-Mobile in order to make calls (you might also have to put your voice and data setting to 2G GSM). If you have VoLTE support from PM you should be good with AT&T or T-Mobile but if one ends up not working manually connect to the other. Switching your Voice and Data settings to 4G can also help if you experience any issues with AT&T and you have VoLTE support.

Need Help? Let's chat.