cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade Plan with Promo

erickleclerc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello all,

I would like to change my plan to the $35 1GB + 500mb with Autopay plan and include the Promo BONUSDATA 2GB but it won't work when I enter it.

Help!

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@erickleclerc wrote:

Hello all,

I would like to change my plan to the $35 1GB + 500mb with Autopay plan and include the Promo BONUSDATA 2GB but it won't work when I enter it.

Help!

@erickleclerc  As I reread this thread today it occurred to me I had not suggested the following: I am assuming that you are on the $25 plan and the purpose of upgrading to the $35 plan was to gain the extra 2gb with the bonus data promo giving you 3.5gb total (as the $35 has 1.5gb in it). But if you look at the numbers the $35 plan is a bit off a rip off as you pay $10 more for only 500mb more data (w/out the 2gb promo). A much better deal is the $40 plan as it comes with 5gb for only $5 more than the $35plan w/1.5gb or it comes w/4gb more than the $25 plan for $15 more. After that the plans increase by 3.5gb of data for each $10 increase in price. I'm sure you have noticed there is a huge gap between the $25 and $40 plans when it comes to data with the $35 plan doing nothing to fill this need. No offence to anyone who has it but I don't understand why anyone would even have it? I wish @Alan_K would address this gaping data hole soon...i will likely downgrade to the $25 After my promotion is done as 5gb is more than I need and the 1gb with the $25 a little light but I can easily be a little conservative and stay within the 1gb. I would be much more comfortable at 2gb or possibly  3gb especially if they were priced at $30 and $35 respectively.

@Eddy_222  I switched to phones to pm. The first i didnt get even a referral credit and only saved with the $2 autopay reward but i did gain country wide coverage. Almost a month later i switched my other phone and with some knowledge from community participation i was able to use a promo to gain some data and $10 off my plan fo 6 months. But wouldnt you know it...one day later a free month flash sale came up that was stackable with the promo I used. So again I felt a little cheated. But with the knowledge I gained on the community I have been able to refer some friends, enjoy helping others which is a nice dopamine buzz and gain a community reward. Now my first phone is on the cheapest plan and free and my second is very reasonable with more data than I need. At first you may feel a little "left out" on extra savings but if you hang out in the community as use the knowledge you gain towards referring people and helping out others you will gain monetary and self esteem rewards that will outlast any promo or flash sale ever offered.

Eddy_222
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Appeciate your consolation. Essentially, on a lark I switched after 10 or more years from my previous provider and gave up many more Gbs of data (which I didn't use) because the pricing of PM was that much better. Then to see that the impetuous switch had me miss getting the bargain pricing without losing much of my data cap kinda soured the feeling of accomplishment. Oh well - and there is no Santa Claus.  But it is still a good deal.

@Eddy_222 wrote:

I became a new subscriber (bought the Sim card at a shopping kiosk and had the salesperson activate a new account and port my phone number) just 2 days before they announced the $35 special. Isn't there access to someone with some discretion that might be in a position to permit changing to the new offer?

@Eddy_222  I know it sucks I've definitely been in your position but even if you had done it on the right day you would have had to activate online to get the offer. I had offered advice earlier in the week to wait until at least Friday because I had a feeling there was going to be a promo coming up. Take solace in you are saving money just by switching. Get to know the community and how pm works and the next good refer a friend promo comes up you can get some credits and rewards by signing up your friends or family that will pay better than a few gb of data.

@Eddy_222 wrote:

I became a new subscriber (bought the Sim card at a shopping kiosk and had the salesperson activate a new account and port my phone number) just 2 days before they announced the $35 special. Isn't there access to someone with some discretion that might be in a position to permit changing to the new offer?

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but...unless you meet the requirements of the promo, you're not entitled to the benefits of the promo. If you activated your plan before the promo was offered...you're just out of luck at this point.

Eddy_222
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@erickleclerc  a écrit :

Maybe it's time to look elsewhere.

I don’t think you will find better plan.

Lucky (128 Kbps) and Chatr (64 kbps) unlimited data once plan data is used is barely usable.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@erickleclerc It is very common in the industry to offer new customer incetives to join.  I am not sure why everyone gets so upset if it is not offered to everyone.

Honestly i think its a bad promo for users and a good one for the company.  get users hooked on extra data and then make them get a higher priced plan when it runs out.

as for looking elsewehere: Lucky and Chatr offer unlimited data once plan data is used buttehy dont offer rewards.  zommer also has a decent plan iirc.  

erickleclerc
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You'd think that a smart company that wants their clientele to spend more money would allow this promo to even loyal customers. Maybe it's time to look elsewhere.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@erickleclerc wrote:

Hello all,

Help!

This offer is available to new customers only.  Please read the promo details.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/SALE-Get-a-bonus-2GB-of-data-when-you-a...

GR
Mayor / Maire

@erickleclerc  sorry but that's only for new activations! 

Need Help? Let's chat.