cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsuccessfully ported a number and got assigned a new random PM number

FrancesG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I unsuccessfully ported a number and my old PM number has been changed to a random number. How do I get my old PM number back?

4 REPLIES 4

@FrancesG     The whole process happened today

Do you mean the number changed today or you started the transfer today?  If you started the process today then there is a number to call and I will private message it to you. Check your inbox in a couple of minutes.

HI @FrancesG 

you have requested port for over a month

What you missed was that you requested porting, your old carrier sent you a text but you didn't reply Yes within 90 mins to complete the port

So, what you need to do now is to re-request porting.  Go to My Account, Profile and click Transfer phone number.  Enter the phone number and the account number of the old carrier

after you have done that, make sure your old carrier sim card is in the phone and wait for the old carrier to send you a porting authorization text, you need to reply Yes within 90 mins

After you replied yes, wait another 4 hours, and then you can put your PM sim card back in the phone.  Test inbound calls and it should come to your PM sim 

FrancesG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My old number with other carrier is still working but I have a new number on PM. The whole process happened today

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @FrancesG 

when did you submit port request? over a month?

PM will only reassign a random number if over a month.    In this case, you need to first confirm if your old number still with the old carrier.  Put the old sim ard back and see if it still works.  If it is, then the number is still with the old carier and you can re-request porting

but important thing, has it been over a month?

Need Help? Let's chat.