cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfamiliar incoming and outgoing phone calls

Kin2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello 

Looking at my account online, I see that it daily lists an unfamiliar incoming and outgoing call from this number: 1 (778) 580-4001.

I have never received a call on my phone from this number and I have never called this number. It is not listed in my contacts. Why and how does it show on my account and consume my minutes?

Kin2 

11 REPLIES 11

Kin2

Thank you for the details.

It's the default voicemail access number that goes through the call forwarding method to connect callers to your voicemail. Then, it's the default voicemail access number for when you long press the 1 key on your dialer to get into your voicemail to listen to them.
When people call and it drops to voicemail then that does not use minutes. The call is logged in the details but it's not "costing" you anything.
When you check your voicemail from the phone then that DOES use minutes. You'll see that on the first overview page minutes counter. This is the counter that matters. Then you'll see the call in the usage details.

SlickToxic
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Am new here to learn and ask.Today isn't a good day for you.

Oh really? Huh. I won't say a word then. 😉 

@Chalupa_Batman Yes, calling your voicemail from your cell phone will deduct minutes if you're on a plan that doesn't have unlimited calling. 

Well, it's not minutes used per say. As far as I know there isn't a charge to check your voicemail. It just registers as a outbound call.

Vneld
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You're most welcome!

Kin2

I was not aware of the VM number, nor that it consumed minutes when used. Good to know.

Thank you!

Kin2

I was not aware of the VM number, nor that it consumed minutes when used. Mystery solved.

Thank you!

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

@Vneld is correct. That's your voicemail. 

Vneld
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That is the number to the voicemail.

Have you checked your voicemail recently?

Need Help? Let's chat.