cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unclear if I have a US/Canada subscription?

kkcl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I have this subscription plan:

Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 3.12.21 PM.png

 Is this a US/Canada plan where I can be in the US and still have access to data and call minutes WITHOUT needing to do a roaming add-on?  Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5

@hairbag1 wrote:

@kkcl 

the only fly in the ointment is ..for best talkability, you need a cellphone that's volte enabled and is on the PM whitelist of enabled cellphones. Without a volte enabled phone, you won't be able to use the talk portion of your plan.

I am hoping this post will not be deleted @hairbag1  because I think Public Mobile needs to ask customers when signing up for a Canada/US plan if their phone is on their white list. So when people sign up for Canada/US plan, a drop down menu comes up with all phones that are acceptably used on Public Mobile with VoLTE. This way if a customers phone isn't on their whitelist, they can't sign up for the Canada/US plan. To me, this makes logical sense. But then again, being a self service site, it's mostly put on the customers shoulders to figure out. Hence the reason I feel it's imperative for Public Mobile to release the whitelist list of phones so customers know what phone they should have/buy before joining Public Mobile/signing up for a Canada/US plan.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@kkcl 

the only fly in the ointment is ..for best talkability, you need a cellphone that's volte enabled and is on the PM whitelist of enabled cellphones. Without a volte enabled phone, you won't be able to use the talk portion of your plan.

@kkcl wrote:

Thank you so much @Chalupa_Batman.  The plan descriptions are vague and hard to understand, so I appreciate your help

No worries at all. Enjoy your trip to the US. Come back safe.

kkcl
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much @Chalupa_Batman.  The plan descriptions are vague and hard to understand, so I appreciate your help

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @kkcl 

That is 100% correct. While you're in the US, it's just like being at home. No addons to purchase.

I had the $34 Can/US plan a while back and used it like I was back at home. Called the US and called back home to Canada a lot. Plus I used data and facetime a lot. Texting too. It's all included. Never have to purchase addons. Great deal IMO.

Need Help? Let's chat.