cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use purchased US roaming

svenasse
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased US roaming for our day trip yet it was unable to connect to AT&T.  I am attaching the screenshots from my phone (Google Nexus 6 Pro) for the SIM network.

Please credit my account for the purchase of the add-on.

Thanks!Screenshot_20220704-120010.pngScreenshot_20220704-114903.pngScreenshot_20220704-120020.png

7 REPLIES 7

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Hopefully a CSA can provide you with a credit to your account. Going forward you may want to look at alternatives for the US like local prepaid data plans and/or voip apps.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@svenasse 

I'm not sure why you have 5G set as your preferred network since its not supported by public mobile and may be the reason you couldn't connect to the 4G LTE network as your phone was trying to connect to the wrong network. 

You also have two network choices for roaming in the US : At&t and T-Mobile. T-Mobile is also your only choice for voice services when its soon to be decommissioned 3G network is unavailable you can connect to T-Mobile's 2G network where available.

It's also recommended that you manually select the network when roaming in the US.

Edit:

Alaska has only At&t for roaming and they only have 50% coverage of populated areas and highways and is not the provider of choice in that state. Public Mobile should have a specific warning about Alaskan coverage as it does not have typical coverage compared to the lower 48 and customers need to lower their expectations of mobile coverage with any provider in Alaska.

@svenasse wrote:

Thanks CountyDownIeUk!  I did see the caution before the purchase.  However LTE service was available from AT&T and the connection was still refused.

Did you try connecting to T~Mobile?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

svenasse

Thanks CountyDownIeUk!  I did see the caution before the purchase.  However LTE service was available from AT&T and the connection was still refused.

svenasse

Thank you softech! I have submitted a ticket regarding the credit.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Not your answer.....I know. But did you read the caution about the USA add-on?

US Roaming6

10 day packages

Important: Important: As of February 22nd, 2022, United States (U.S.) carriers have started turning down certain 3G/HSPA networks. As a result, customers using U.S. roaming add-ons will be impacted by differences in coverage or service quality (including 9-1-1 calls) when roaming in the U.S. Customers may also experience changes to services such as welcome messages, voicemail notifications, usage notifications for voice, notifications when trying to make an international call, interactive voice responses (IVR), as well as the ability to set up voicemail while in the U.S. This shutdown will not impact your service in Canada.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@svenasse   if you never able to connect and never use the add-on , it should be an easy ask

However, this is only the Community and we are customers here only.  

To request the refund, please open proper ticket with PM Support:  They might reverse the transaction and put the credit back to your account for future use like for renewal

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

Need Help? Let's chat.