cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to transfer (port)phone number

Sofrustrated12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi everyone,

I switched from Virgin to Public two days ago and my phone number was not ported although I provided all the information required.  I have read all of the advice on previous posts, and nothing has worked.

I received a message asking me to re-complete the sign up. I did so. I sent a message to moderators. They asked me to confirm my account. I did so and have not heard back from them.   I re-activated my Virgin number.  I have tried changing my number using the on-line form and am told it is not available. 

Please help. Thank-you

6 REPLIES 6

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

There is no such thing as reactivating a number that was destined to be ported to a different carrier.  When supplying the number to be ported, I always enter the number without the dashes, just the 10 digits.  Once entered into the system, a check is performed of number porting eligiblity (i.e., number is active with a competing carrier brand).  If eligibility is confirmed, a form is provided to supply additional information related to the number being ported.  I always recommend using the account number field.  Always enter just the numbers and letters with no spaces and with separators such as dashes removed.  It seems like many carriers like to include separators when presenting the account number in the monthly bill.  I am convinced that including the separators in the porting form is a major factor in failed port submissions.  Port resubmissions after a failed attempt must be done by the moderator team.

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Sofrustrated12 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I switched from Virgin to Public two days ago and my phone number was not ported although I provided all the information required.  I have read all of the advice on previous posts, and nothing has worked.

I received a message asking me to re-complete the sign up. I did so. I sent a message to moderators. They asked me to confirm my account. I did so and have not heard back from them.   I re-activated my Virgin number.  I have tried changing my number using the on-line form and am told it is not available. 

Please help. Thank-you

I can understand your frustration but be patient the moderators should be able to help you resolve the problem. In the meantime just keep using your virgin number until the port is completed.

Another option is to login to your account and pick a new number (temporary) and then redo the port but I think waiting for the moderators to reply back is your best bet.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Sofrustrated12 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Please help. Thank-you

When you say you reactivated your Virgin number was it not active when you first ported?  Or did you reactivate it after you attempted the port?  If you did it after the attempted port I am wondering if PM is considering that as a port out and that could add to the issue.  Unfortunately this does seem like something that the Moderators will have to assist you with.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Sofrustrated12, in your original message, you mentioned you re-activated your Virgin number.  Had you cancelled it before porting?  If yes, this is why it didn't work.

Sofrustrated12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Interesting. Let me try.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Sofrustrated12 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Please help. Thank-you

Have you tried using a different web browser ? Clearing your cache files helps too.

Need Help? Let's chat.