cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive texts and calls

Dan13773
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been with PM for many years, and have not ported my number. Never had a problem until today. I have been unable to receive texts and calls, but am able to send texts and make outgoing calls. 

I have opened a ticket for the issue but have not heard anything back. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? Has anyone figured out how to resolve the issue?

6 REPLIES 6

@Dan13773 wrote:

I tried my sim in another phone and it worked. Then put it back in my phone and it worked until I restarted the phone. 

If the sim worked as expected in a different cellphone, but failed when re-installed in the original cellphone...that would suggest your cellphone is faulty somehow. Maybe time to upgrade ?

Dan13773
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried my sim in another phone and it worked. Then put it back in my phone and it worked until I restarted the phone. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Dan13773 

there was a significant wind event last night in southern BC and Alberta...might be related if you're in these areas.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dan13773 

try reboot your phone. and try changing the network mode to 3G and test

Try put you sim card in another phone and test 

Try testing your sim in another area as well.

@Dan13773 wrote:

I've been with PM for many years, and have not ported my number. Never had a problem until today. I have been unable to receive texts and calls, but am able to send texts and make outgoing calls. 

I have opened a ticket for the issue but have not heard anything back. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? Has anyone figured out how to resolve the issue?

Yesterday, there were some network issues. I haven't heard of any such issues today. A troubleshooting technique of trying your SIM card in a different device could help determine if this is a device issue.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Dan13773  Can you try the sim card in another phone and test ? Can also try resetting network settings but this will harass wifi passwords . Just have to re add it and reconnect any Bluetooth devices you may have 

Need Help? Let's chat.