cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive phone calls from overseas

KelvinLee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently moved from fido to Public about 3 days ago. I was successully activated the account - making domestic calls, receiving domestic calls but getting internation calls from overseas is not working. It seems SMS from overseas is also not working. When people try to call me from overseas, they hear "cellular number that you have dialed is not assigned". I have tried calling myself from here using my international phone that I brought and witnessed the same issue.

What could have gone wrong?

10 REPLIES 10

KelvinLee

So @handy1 and @Phil_Adelphus were all correct.

I was able to get a call from someone who was using Public Mobile as well. That I thought the port-out from fido was successful despite that I don't recall receiving message of port-out and replied "yes". I only found out that people can't call me outside of tellus/public mobile system (international or domestic) by getting message through internet chats. 

As suggested, I have reactivated fido account(since I cancelled the account not knowing that port out was unsuccessful), and once the re-activation was called porting team of tellus, I received port-out request and replied "yes". After 30 minutes, it all went well and everything is working well. (fido account has been automatically cancelled after port-out was successful.

KelvinLee

Oh yes. Is that why.. then it seems my porting out was not successful after all.

@KelvinLee  It may be that the people who can call you are only those on certain carriers, are they on Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile?

KelvinLee

I am talking to fido at the moment. I have found out that some can't make a domestic call to me. But some can. I have turned off celluar/wifi to make sure it's not Facetime audio. It's weird... 

When I call to my family, they will see my original number .

@KelvinLee . Yes that’s strange for sure . When you call out what number comes up for others ? Either way the port is not completed and with in so much time PM will assign you a new number . So yes as @Phil_Adelphus  mentioned I would call Fido and see if they can verbally approve the port request . Otherwise you will need to re start service with fido to start the port process over again 

KelvinLee

If porting out did not occur, the cancellation was made before porting out as @Phil_Adelphus suggested. Maybe I should talk to fido again on this. But how am i getting domestics calls..?

@KelvinLee both accounts need to be activate to port . If you successfully ported your Fido number to PM there would be no reason to cancel the Fido account . As porting the number out successfully to new provider will automatically close the old providers account . (Fido ) in this case . So did you cancel it before or after you tried to port ?

@KelvinLee   I would think your recourse would be to ask Fido to temporarily re-instate your account there for long enough to port the number.

KelvinLee

Unfortunately, I did not follow that instruction. But I thought since I can receive domestic calls, I thought it was ok. I have accidently canclled the account from fido. Will Public port team still be able to help?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@KelvinLee  That’s odd you should be able to recieve phone calls from anyone anywhere on earth . . Did you leave the Fido  sim in phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port ? 
I’ll send you the porting team number private message . They can give stays update on the port or re trigger it if needed . I’ll also leave you with how to contact support should they be needed also 

submit ticket with support . using the chat bubble bottom right of screen 

Handy1_0-1712318668699.jpeg

If that doesn’t work you can always send private message to support .

send  a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.