cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive incoming calls :(

beehjae
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi All,

I have transferred my wife's phone number to public mobile.

I filled out the online activation form and went through the steps... so far no errors.

* Our credit card is charged, seems to have went through fine.
* Data looks okay

* Inbound / Outbound text looks okay

* Outgoing calls looks okay

* Inbound calls ---- NOT okay

* voicemail - also not accessible

Name on the account: K*r**n T*cd***s

We also received a text message:

"Public Mobile here: We're experiencing difficulties processing your request to move to Public Mobile. Please go to PublicMobile.ca, click Contact us and complete the SIM & Activation online form. Thanks."

Can someone help please?

Kind Regards,
Beehjae

6 REPLIES 6

@Abhinav , that message that you received is Public Mobile's way of telling you that the phone number transfer has failed.  Keep in mind that the message has outdated information as there is no sim and activation form to correct a failed phone number transfer.

You must send a private message to the user Moderator_Team to get this fixed.  But, before you do that, you'll want to be sure that you have your Eastlink account number handy.  This one piece of information is almost ceratin to ensure a smooth phone number transfer on the second attempt.  You'll need to get the Public Mobile moderator team to manaully process this request for you.  Do not try to fix this yourself by trying to change your phone number and do not try to transfer the phone number again yourself.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Abhinav, How long has it been since you activated your SIM/registered?  It could take a few hours to transfer(port) in a number from another cell carrier.  It takes even longer to port in a land line or VOIP line.  If you put your old SIM back into your phone, are you able to receive calls?  If so, the number port is not complete.  You can continue to use the old SIM card/account until transfer is complete.   If it has been more than a few hours, send a private message to the moderator team so that they can investigate.

Click here to send the moderators team a private message. Moderators' hours of operation are M-F 9AM-9PM(EST) & S/S 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
Information regarding the moderators team can be found by following this link.

Also, for future reference, you should always start a new topic for a new question, even if it is the same problem as the existing topic.  You will generally get a faster response, and not risk having your question go unnoticed in an old topic.

Abhinav
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have transferred my phone number from Eastlink to public mobile network.

I filled out the online activation form and went through the steps... so far no errors.

* Our credit card is charged, seems to have went through fine.
* Data looks okay

* Inbound / Outbound text looks okay

* Outgoing calls looks okay

* Inbound calls ---- NOT okay

* voicemail - also not accessible

Name on the account: A*h***a*

We also received a text message:

"To complete your request to move to Public Mobile, Please goto Publicmobile.ca,

Click contact us and complete the SIM and Activation form online. Youwill need to provide the correct ESN/MEID from your previous service provider Thanks."

Can someone help please?

Kind Regards,

Abhinav.

JaK

@beehjae

Glad to hear everything is now working! 🙂

JaK

Hi @beehjae

How long ago did you put in the port request? Please note that it can take some time to complete the port (up to 4 hrs I think), but the fact that you can do outgoing calls would indicate the port is done. Do the outgoing calls show up as the right number on the receiving end?

Also, have you tried power cycling the phone? Sometimes just a reboot is needed to get things working right.

beehjae
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi All,

We opened her email address and followed the verification email. We got another text message that  says: ".... transfer is complete."

* Inbound calls - looks okay

* Outbound calls - looks okay

* Inbound / Outbound text - looks okay

* Data - looks okay

* Voicemail - now reachable (it wasn't before)

Thank you, this looks like it is now resolved.

This user experience is faster and smoother the last time! Thank you. Hopefully no further hiccups. 🙂

Kind Regards,
Beehjae

Need Help? Let's chat.