cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to place phonecalls

TJ90
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I signed up at publicmobile about 2 years ago, I had a plan with unlimited canada-wide minutes. 

Now, in the middle of a phonecall I got disconnected and am now unable to place phonecalls because I have used all my minutes (which I thought was impossible because I was under the impression that I had unlimited minutes).

I checked my minutes from last period and it was way more than 100. It seems that my plan has been changed without me being informed. I am obviously not pleased and want my old plan (i.e. unlimited minutes) back.

What can I do? 

14 REPLIES 14

@TJ90 Bingo!!!  glad all work out..

TJ90

@softech made it work! thanks!

buying adding is a 2 steps process.. add fund then actual buying of the addon.  Any chance you just added fund to the account?? 

how much is showing in Available Fund??

TJ90

so now next problem arises - I purchased more minutes this morning and I still can’t place phonecalls…. any tips / tricks? 

TJ90

So this was actually it - I accumulated 1500 extra minutes since August 2020 that I have now used up. Thanks all! 

@TJ90 

Do you live in bc or alberta? Did you reply YES to the pm text from 5198 last august that gifted us 1000 min and 5gb of add on data?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TJ90 : You've had a community account for a couple years. Maybe you got the gift calling add-ons which included Canada and now maybe you've finished those too.

@TJ90 Free incoming calls and 100 mins outgoing.  Maybe you got mixed up because you were counting the incoming minutes as well and hence you thought you can do more than 100min outgoing?

From what I know , PM is very accurate in terms of counting the minute   🙂    Another reason that you might be calling more than 100 outgoing minutes is that you might have  bought extra talk time add-on before that either you weren't aware or you forgot.  

Anyway, in your case, you can buy the addon :  500 min for $5 .  This is a non expiry addon and will be on your account until they all used up.   So, whatever left will roll over to next month and will kicks in once your 100 mins are used up

TJ90

So I do have that $15 dollar plan, but I was always able to place phonecalls way over the 100 minutes so I am very surprised about this thing happening now. I guess it is my plan, but then I'm wondering why I was always able to make phonecalls over the 100 minutes before and not anymore now. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@TJ90 wrote:

When I signed up at publicmobile about 2 years ago, I had a plan with unlimited canada-wide minutes. 

Now, in the middle of a phonecall I got disconnected and am now unable to place phonecalls because I have used all my minutes (which I thought was impossible because I was under the impression that I had unlimited minutes).

I checked my minutes from last period and it was way more than 100. It seems that my plan has been changed without me being informed. I am obviously not pleased and want my old plan (i.e. unlimited minutes) back.

What can I do? 

@TJ90 

How long was the call you were on that was cut off?

It sounds like you cannot make anymore out going calls? If your Self Serve account still shows your Unlimited plan listed, than probably a glitch.

I assume you have your texting and data abilities though, right?

Try one or more of the below:

• *turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot
  • *removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it
  • *go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode
  • *reset network settings

If this and other suggestions are not fixing you up, I would suggest to contact the Moderators.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two methods to reach them:

1 -  Faster - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right-hand side of your screen,

or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

@TJ90 

The customer didn't indicate which suggestion fixed the issue so go one by one.....

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Unlimited-long-distance-in-Canada/m-p/6...

@TJ90 

Confirm which plan you have....

• $25/1gb w/ unlimited canada wide calling, international SMS/MMS texting?

If you cannot log into your account you can call 611 to get your basic plan details. There was on other customer about 10 days ago that reported a similar glitch.....I believe the solution was an account reset. But you can try rebooting your phone and toggling airplane mode on/off in the meantime until you get in contact with the moderators.

@TJ90 wrote:

What can I do? 

Which plan do you have?  To me it sounds as if you don't actually have a plan with unlimited minutes.  Do you have a $15 price plan?  That plan has never had unlimited outgoing minutes.  It only has 100 minutes of outgoing mintues and unlimited incoming minutes (if you're on the version of the the $15 plan that includes it).

If you are on that $15 plan, you do have the option to switch to a plan with unlimited minutes for $25 per 30 days.  The other option would be to purchase a Canadian long distance minute add-on as those minutes can be used to add more minutes to the $15 plan.

Can you clarify which plan you're on and the price of the plan?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@TJ90 wrote:

What can I do? 

If you log into self service and look at the Plan & Add-Ons tab what plan does it say you are on?

Need Help? Let's chat.