cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make/receive calls/texts

Sara17
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

for more than 24 hours my husband and I have not been able to make/receive calls or texts except for a few that were able to go through. Has anyone else been experiencing this? We've tried all troubleshooting steps

7 REPLIES 7

Sara17

Thank you Sue! This also worked for our Androids 🙂 

Your IPhone directions work, thanks! The working IPhone is also set to LTE, and I've left it there for now. I can't explain why it works with this setting on the IPhone but the Android does not??? Will keep this in mind for future issues.

@Sue246   Glad both are now working for you. For future reference on iPhone it is Settings - Cellular - Cellular Data Options - Voice & Data.  It might vary depending on which iPhone, mine is a 13 and it has the 3G option.

Sue246

We have 2 PM phones, the IPhone was working fine however the Moto has not been receiving calls for 2 days plus texts were very slow, in the order of 10's of minutes to get through. We moved the Sim card to another phone, (an  IPhone) with the same results, therefore concluded that there was a carrier issue. This morning I investigated the settings in the Moto and found one concerning the preferred network type, it was set to the recommended setting of LTE, I moved that to 3G and now the phone is working normally. I looked for a similar setting on the IPhone, however could not find it. regardless both phones now working.

Thank you, I will do that

@Sara17  There were some reported outages yesterday in Quebec and possibly other areas in the east.  You might want to contact customer service (open a ticket via the chat icon bottom right of this page) to find out if you are affected.

Sara17

I should specify, we are in Nova Scotia

Need Help? Let's chat.