cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect with any landline,

Ginbin_chow
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Still encountering the issue of calls to any landline drop off, after 2 beeps. This is occurring with all my friends that are on the Public Mobile network. This started yesterday July 19, 2023. The “Chat” is useless as it takes you on a loop for troubleshooting. Not sue how to get someone to look into this Network Issue. Tried Telus Mobility was advised to use the “Chat”. They said they could not help and to sei

11 REPLIES 11

Ginbin_chow

Issue resolved. Said had to refresh my network and account. Interesting, my other P M users issues have cleared too.

I get the copper landlines. Am a retired Telus tech

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

lol So a Telus company can't call a Telus company. Wonderful. But the word landline can be different things nowadays. It used to be real physical copper wires going to the phone from the street. I think that still exists but not sure. Now there's cell-based "landlines", cable tv company "landlines" which could be closer to the idea, fibre connected "landlines" which could also be thought of as the same idea, are there satellite receiving "landlines"?. But I still see the word landline and think good old physical copper wires.

Ginbin_chow

Thank you, ticket submitted

Ginbin_chow

Thank you for the link. Have submitted a ticket. Hope this issue is resolved in a timely manner.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I had this issue a couple days ago too. Tried 3x then ended up using my wife's phone (also PM) to complete the call. I assumed it was because they have call control on their line, but oddly it has never been an issue prior. 

Then yesterday my in-laws said they couldn't call their own landline from either of their PM cell phones. A few minutes later it seemed to resolve itself. 

@Ginbin_chow  

you are lucky, since PM is part of Telus, the troubleshooting should be easy

But where the landline located? it could really be just a problem with the Telus landline side.  There are  couple ongoing outage now with landline,   Check here

https://www.telus.com/en/bc/outages

and again, open ticket with support and they can help

Ginbin_chow

Landline provider is Telus. Have tried all the normal methods of rebooting the cell phone . Tried calling my own land line and others on the Telus network, still dropping. Other PM users encountering the same issue

@Ginbin_chow wrote:

To continue: Telus service rep advised me to switch services to Koodo or Telus mobility

HI @Ginbin_chow  the service rep just trying to get new business  🙂

Telus/Koodo/PM all uses the same backbone anyway

Please submit ticket with CS agent, they might be able to tell what was wrong:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Ginbin_chow

To continue: Telus service rep advised me to switch services to Koodo or Telus mobility

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Ginbin_chow 

so, all your friends on PM cannot call landline? Calling mobile phones are ok?

do you know the provider of the landline? Bell? Telus? SaksTel?  Wonder if it is issue on the other end if only one landline provider

Try to reboot the phone once

I suggest you to engage support by message them here and provide them couple numbers you tested and failed:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ginbin_chow  Please submit ticket with support to investigate 

message support directly

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.