cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call numbers that were in same Rogers Account after activating new sim cards

pravin_raghu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have a weird issue and any help is appreciated. I recently ported my number and my partner's number which were in Rogers under same Account# to Public Mobile. After activation, we are unable to call each other but other calls are working. Can someone help on fixing this?

Thanks

Pravin

9 REPLIES 9

pravin_raghu

He @hTideGnow  - Yes. I was not getting any incoming call apparently. Not getting calls from wife would have been a special setup 😀  Nevertheless I am all set now and able to call each other (Transfer was reinitiated and was successful)

HI @pravin_raghu   so, you were not getting any incoming calls then, not just not getting it from your wife  🙂

Happy that it works out now.  Enjoy the new service

pravin_raghu

Thank you and you were spot on. My partner and I missed to respond to automated message from Rogers to approve the transfer. I was able to reach Telus porting department and reinitate the transfer and we said 'YES' 😀 Hopefully we should have it moved soon.

pravin_raghu

Thank you for pointing out the problem and giving the link.I was able to reach Telus porting department and reinitate the transfer and we said 'YES' 😀 Hopefully we should have it moved soon.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@pravin_raghu 

Are either of you receiving any incoming calling on your phones? When you call each other do you get your voicemails? Your rogers voicemail? Are your rogers sim cards still working and your rogers account still active? If so you likely missed the step mentioned by @BKNS27  to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) on your rogers sim cards within 90 minutes of receiving it.

Either call the telus porting department with your rogers account # to reinitiate the port request or contact customer support to do so for you and then put your rogers sim cards back in your phone's to reply YES to the PAT so your porting of your phone numbers complete.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@pravin_raghu 

When you ported over to PM from Rogers, did you reply to the SMS text with YES with the Rogers SIM in the phone? There is a 90 minute window for you to reply.

When you have 2 different line/numbers on 1 account, I am assuming the number that is ported over but the other number will stay active in the Rogers account…members here with 2 lines on 1 account on their previous carrier can confirm.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @pravin_raghu   for both lines, you are getting incoming calls without problem?  Like if you ask your friend to call both of you , your 2 phones will ring and able to answer no problem?  Just there was problem when you call your partner or when your partner call you?

So, when your partner calls you, does the call end up at the Public Mobile voice mail?  how about when you call your partner, the call ends at your partner's PM voicemail?

Lovely2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@pravin_raghu 

type in your private message   CS_Agent
and explain

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Both incoming and outgoing calls and texts are working fine for any other number? This issue would obviously be beyond inconvenient or practical so it is something that can hopefully be resolved. It may be tied into the fact that both numbers are under the same account, but there must be a way to bypass that. The wizards may have a solution and I am sure there may be a suggestion to contact an Agent if the issue persists.

Need Help? Let's chat.