cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US talk, text and data add on

Shazzer31
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I just added on $20 for US talk, text and data, and now it is not showing up on my phone, and I am stuck at the Bellingham airport with no working phone! What is happening?

12 REPLIES 12

@Shazzer31 wrote:

Thank you! Data roaming was turned off. Crisis averted!

It's good that your data is working now. However, this setting wouldn't fix and couldn't affect voice calls.  Are you now able to make phone calls?

@Shazzer31 wrote:

All good now?

since you are in US, you might want to download TextNow as a backup.  You will get a phone number and you can call US and Canada for free when you have Wifi or Data

and keep in mind, if the mobile connection is not as good, manually change between AT&T and TMobile

If you need to buy another Data/Text/Voice package before the 10 days, you need to open a ticket to Mod.  

Enjoy the trip.

Shazzer31

Also for roaming , which US carrier you see your phone is using?

PM partners with    AT&T, and Tmobile.  One could be better than the other one in different area.  So, you will need to manually select one of the two and see which one works.

@Shazzer31    Have you tried rebooting the phone yet?   Also you may need to manually select either AT&T or T-Mobile.

@Shazzer31  reboot your phone first

After rebooting, make sure you have Roaming Data turned on (it could be disabled)

Shazzer31

I did all that and it is showing up on my account, but not on the phone.

Shazzer31

I did that and my account is showing up as active and showing the US talk text and data, but I can’t call my brother in Vancouver or use google maps and am stuck at the Bellingham airport.

@Shazzer31 wrote:

I actually did pay for the add on…is that step 2?

@Shazzer31    No step one is adding the funds and then go back to Purchase Add-ons page and make the necessary purchase.  A bit confusing unfortunately...

Shazzer31

I actually did pay for the add on…is that step 2?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Shazzer31   Buying addon is a 2 steps process:

1. add fund onto My Account  and then you see see the Available Fund  = the amount you just paid

2. actual purchase of the add-on , you should see Available change back to $0

did you do step 2?  Many people missed step 2

If you have done Step 2, reboot your phone once more time.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Roaming Data turned on,

if you still not working do one thing Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

and do rebooting your phone take your SIM card out and waiting for a 2 minute and put it back and turn on -This one is quick and simple.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Purchase Add-Ons Using Your Self-Serve Account

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
Need Help? Let's chat.