cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming

Jason_77
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a US roaming add on and when I went to America i had no service all day, I want a refund. I tried everything, restating the phone and so on, this was a huge inconvenience.

12 REPLIES 12

Chalupa_Batman_0-1700532001434.png

Top right corner online

Jason_77

Ya I logged in, and it says I purchased that add on, it even ask me to download the receipt. By the way, I don't see that tiny envelope icon in the top right.

Jason_77

Is pm mailbox within the public mobile app? I don't see that little envelope thing anywhere 

@Jason_77 

@Jason_77 wrote:

When I reach out to this person, how do they respond?, is it through this interface?

after you message Customer Support, watch the little envelop icon on top right side of page will be highlighted when they respond to you.

@Jason_77 

out of curiosity...can you log in to your account and just make sure you successfully bought the correct 15 Day US Roaming add-on. I've driven from the UP to Detroit several times and had no problem using the add-on.

@Jason_77 wrote:

When I reach out to this person, how do they respond?, is it through this interface?

Yes, you will get an email in your PM mailbox. No other way to talk to PM staff.
Hopefully you will get credit.

Jason_77

@Jason_77 do you see the phone able to connect to either network at all??

If you decide to ask for reverse of the purchase instead, please message support 

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Jason_77

I did everything your saying. This was during a 5 hour drive from Sault Ste Marie Michigan to Detroit not one second of service for 500 kilometers.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jason_77 still in US?? want to give it another try??

Critical part to US roaming depends on T-Mobile/AT&T coverage and whether you can connect successfully onto either network.

If the phone is not connecting to T-Mobile/AT&T, change the Network Connection from Automatic to Manual and select and test both T-Mobile and AT&T and see which one you can connect.

If your issue is with data, make sure your Roaming Mobile data is enabled and you have disabled your mobile data limiter.  Also change your network mode to 4G (and don't try 5G until you can connect and works on 4G)

If your issue is with voice, make sure VoLTE is enabled on the device setting.  And if it does not work, try to change the Network to T-Mobile ONLY, and change  Preferred Network Type or Network Mode to 2G and see if the calls go through.
Also, you can download VoIP app TextNow as a workaround to make calls and text if you have Wifi or if your roaming has data component and data  is working

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jason_77 

Use this link to message the Customer Support and request a credit to your account for add-on that failed to work.

oopps...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

In future, make sure you have a volte enabled phone to make sure you have best calling experience. Ensure you have Roaming Data enabled.

Need Help? Let's chat.