cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

failed to activate my esim.

leahlilyrose
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello? I think I failed to make esim work yesterday. When I tried again today, it said it can't use it anymore. Cannot activate esim. How can I get a new esim?... thank you

9 REPLIES 9

@leahlilyrose wrote:

It helped me a lot. That was very thoughtful of you!

@leahlilyrose , you’re welcome. I’m sorry it was so much to read. I was trying not to miss anything yet not type too much. 🙂 

I was lucky, my eSIM install went well but the process felt like it took forever! 😆 

leahlilyrose

Thank you for connecting with Cs. Thanks to you, I was able to get some help! I just found out that I can't adopt two answers. I'm sorry I couldn't adopt your answer! Thank you so much.

leahlilyrose

It helped me a lot. That was very thoughtful of you!

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@leahlilyrose wrote:

Hello? I think I failed to make esim work yesterday. When I tried again today, it said it can't use it anymore. Cannot activate esim. How can I get a new esim?... thank you

@leahlilyrose , when you tried to install your eSIM yesterday did you get an error message? When I installed mine on my iPhone a message showed that it was installed then I did these steps below to get it to activate.

Reboot your phone.

In cellular settings make sure that ‘Turn On This Line’ is selected & reboot your phone. (You may need to reset network settings then reboot)

Unfortunately if the eSIM didn’t install you will need to purchase another eSIM if CS_Agent won’t issue you another QR Code for an eSIM since yours didn’t install or purchase a SIM Card. 😞 If you decide to get a SIM Card try the options below.

Telus, Koodo, or Mobile Klinik store

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/nb/store-locator

Amazon Canada  $4.99 + tax & free shipping with Amazon Prime

Public Mobile SIM Card on Amazon

If you want another eSIM here is where to go on your account to purchase one for $5

In the Public Mobile app on your Phone go to ‘Subscription & Add-ons’ page in your account to purchase an eSIM. I scrolled down & selected ‘Shop SIM CARD NOW’ then under ‘SELECT SIM CARD TYPE’ select ‘eSIM’ then select ‘PAY NOW’.

HI @leahlilyrose 

if no Public Mobile related sim showing on the Cellular screen, I think it wasn't installed

Please submit a ticket with CS agent by messaging here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

leahlilyrose

No, I don't see the sim on my phone. I have iOS... 

leahlilyrose

Thank you for the reply.

I did everything you told me. I can see that my esim has been added to public mobile account. But I can't find my esim number on my phone. I only have my old number.

Thelastjedi

Hi there, I got a failure notification when I activated my eSIM yesterday.

What I did is I checked my carrier settings and the esim was actually existing and added. I turned off the previous number line and turned on the esim number manually and it worked. Did you find any number in your cellular setting? If your phone is an iPhone, you could go to Setting - Cellular - SIMs. In android, I think they have similar pathway to check your cellular line. 

Hope that answers your question, thanks! 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @leahlilyrose 

does the sim shows up on your phone already?  Check your sim manager

and what os you have? iOS or Android?

Need Help? Let's chat.