cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stuck in loop, unable to get past step 6 of Activate

Samts
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey All, 

I have been trying to complete the PM App activation process for a whole day now. I have a Community PM ticket too but that resulted in being told to go buy a physical sim.

Selected Plan via web page and paid.

Screen shows final setup to download app.

Samts_0-1700274162589.png

Did that and started the activation process. Unfortunately I choose PORT instead of New Number, as I am a Koodoo pre-paid (i read that afterwards).

Now I am unable to continue from this step.

Screenshot_20231117_162747_Public Mobile.png

This is where the loop starts. I cant get past or rid of this step.

logging back into myaccount gets me this.

Samts_1-1700274764346.png

and this again.

Samts_0-1700274162589.png

so I log back into the app, do the eversafe confirmation login part and get the same Subscription Not Activated screen.

Screenshot_20231117_162747_Public Mobile.png

I have never received the Activation email with my eSim. I don't see a charge on my credit card.

I have done what the Agent asked:

Cleared cache on browser on my phone, or use a different browser, (actually disabled Chrome and set different default browser) and re-installed the PM App several times. 

I restarted my phone and checked the eSim manager.

nothing changed, still get the same Subscription Not Activated screen.

Any and all help will\would be greatly appreciated.

if I cant resolve this, I guess Public Mobile is off my list of Providers to try.

Thanks,

Sam

8 REPLIES 8

Samts

It was a long journey, but finally resolved.

The free eSim method was a bust. Physical sim needed. smooth sailing after that.

Thanks everyone.

Samts

Hey Community.

I ended up getting a physical sim at a Telus store. 

The CS_Agent already activated it and I am just waiting for them to port my number.

The eSim was a complete fail.

The one different thing I noticed was that it does not have the same wording they mentioned when giving me the directions of what to select for the QR Code scan option. 

They said select the option to +  Add Mobile Plan, mine just says + Add eSim.

no sim Screenshot_20231119_230845_Call settings.png

Fingers crossed the Port goes well.

I am not on the Koodo Pre-Paid after all, but Monthly, so I do not foresee any craters along the way.

Sam

@hTideGnow- I can't be sold. When I travel I carry a little pouch in my carry-on with wall wart and cables and cable adapters and other sims and a spare Public sim of course and the sim tool. Airplane downtime is the perfect time to pull out the pouch and switch in the other sim. Travelling by other means may have some benefit but still. Card all the way.

hi @dust2dust while I love physical more, I cannot deny there are still pros with eSIM. For frequent travelers, multiple esim profiles on the same phone is better than multiple  cards in your pocket and need to fond the pin to take the sim tray out. I guess it depends on the user case.  Yes, for me cost us more important and I agree physical can easily swapped between phones for free 

This is the pointless idiocy of esims. A card has maximum flexibility. It's the current gee whiz thingamajigger and I blame Apple and influencers (paid shills just like product endorsements by celebrities) for it but people don't see how it might affect them before diving in.

Samts

Just a quick update.

I have rx'd multiple private messages from several agents over the last three days. Yes, this the 4th day.

One of them activated a temp number and sent me an eSim. When I tried that it said it was already in use on another account.

Then they asked me to purchase another eSim. I went to do that but now can't get into my account anymore because it wants to use that temp number to authenticate to.

Now they want me to go and buy a physical sim at a store.

That seems to be the standard answer.

I have had enough of the same back and forth. I find it astounding that this issue is that difficult to fix. Especially without me spending more.

I am asking to cancel my account and refund my money.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Samts 

when we saw people with the error Subscription not activated, usually it really has a problem with the activation and hence you didn't receive the Welcome email.  Nothing more you can do other than seek help from CS agent.  Please submit ticket with them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

that is frustrating, @Samts 

Contact the CSA group again, let them know you'd like a SENIOR agent to address the issue.

Tell them you are a Koodo pre-paid customer wanting to activate with e-SIM.

When coming from Koodo pre-paid, the CSA's should easily be able to port from there to here as it all shares the same back-end systems.

Let us know how it goes!!!

To contact a Customer Support Agent, send a private message to them by clicking here.  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar, or tap your Avatar down in Messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.