cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming data add on

Lorn
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased the US data add on I just got a message that the operator has disabled mobile data? I can allow roaming and it turns back on the data but I want to be sure I am using my regular data when in Canada as I don't leave for a few days. 

3 REPLIES 3

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Lorn   You might have bought your US roaming too early.  It still counting the 10 days 240 hours from the time you purchased the plan.  

If you still have couple days before you go, you can try to open a ticket with PM CS Agent and just told them you made the mistake and try to ask them to reverse the charge, put the money back on your account.  You can then buy it again very close to when you start the trip.

To open ticket with PM CS Agent,  Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. type: Contact CS Agent
  2. Click "Contact Us"
  3. Click "Other"
  4. Click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the moderators (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah definitely plan it out, to maximize the add on you can add it the day you leave, but if you are only going for a few days to a week, you should be good 

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yes, @Lorn , while in Canada, connected to Public Mobile network, you'll be using your plan data, not the Roaming data.

Bear in mind, that the US Roaming add on expires 240 hours (10 days) AFTER it is purchased, whether it's used or not, so hopefully your US trip is no more than 7 days in duration.   Also, when in the US, be sure to manually connect to either T-Mobile or AT&T to access the roaming add-on.

Safe travels!!!

Need Help? Let's chat.