Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming ad-ons not working

Teni
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

12 REPLIES 12

@softech- Exactly. Which is why I had suggested that you add a disclaimer or use maybe terms when mentioning AT&T.

@dust2dust But seems like our AT&T problem is that people cannot even connect there, not a voice issue only

or maybe good news coming, a new partner in US with VoLTE .. yeah.. 

@softech- Maybe. They have volte so it would make sense that they do. But nor have I, or will I, look. 🙂

I wonder if Koodo and Telus users have any luck with AT&T 

Thank you @EdN .

@softech- It's becoming more and more obvious from reports that AT&T is not working for us. Perhaps you could add a "maybe" proviso in your replies and references.

@darlicious  also alluded to that in a recent reply.

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Could not get a connection when manually switching to Verizon and AT&T. I am on TMobile 

@EdN- Nice report. If you're currently connected to T-Mobile then if you'd be willing, try manually connecting to AT&T and see if Fongo works. Send a test text to your Public number to see if you get it. If you're currently connected to AT&T then please do let us know.

Then try manually connecting to Verizon and see what happens with data and inbound texts. I suspect that won't work but could still be worth the test. I think one other person has claimed it did not work so I'm still gathering verifications of it not working.

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Bought the 1GB USA Roaming Data package from Public Mobile and running my Fongo talk and text app on cellular data (since PM talk text Roam may or may not work due to USA shutting down 3G network).

The PM mobile data/Fongo combination is working well and when at the hotel running Fongo off of wifi.

I have forwarded my Public Mobile phone number to my Fongo number

Texts sent to my Public Mobile number are displayed but I must use Fongo to reply.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Are you in US ?

Turn OFF Automatic Network and look for all available networks. Select T-Mobile.

You could also try Verizon...but let us know if that works..

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Teni - have you confirmed the Roaming addon is listed in your Addon List in your My Account?

Roaming Addons are for use whilst you on in the USA, are you in the USA? While in Canada you need regular addons to contact USA,

If in USA, ensure the the Roaming settings is turned on in the settings of your device. Try restarting your phone, and perhaps perform a reset of the device's network settings to help get connected to the proper network.

Get Help Article for Roaming and things for reference:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming#:~:text=Troubleshooting%20U.S.%20Roam...

NormanWalsh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Leading American operators have decided to stop supporting the 2G and  3G/HSPA networks in the US. These are AT&T and T-Mobile, which are ending this service at the end of February and in July 2022

cellphoneuser1
Mayor / Maire

@Teni wrote:

Use manual network selection to pick T-Mobile.  For calls, you need to use the T-Mobile 2G network.

Need Help? Let's chat.