cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot submit ticket for overcharge

Tarynel
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I was trying to purchase an add-on and got an error saying "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later. " I thought my payment didn't work so I clicked the confirm button again and the same error popped up. My Visa bill shows that I was charged twice for the add-on.

I tried to submit a ticket about the problem, but on step 3 when I was asked to verify my identity, my log in credentials apparently didn't work (even thought I was already logged in) and it said "service not available" when I tried to receive an SMS message for verification. I was not able to submit the ticket. Could a moderator submit a ticket for me?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

JL9
Mayor / Maire

@Patchio gotcha, yeah in that case you can still get it handled you just have to go through the alternative verification process, I thought it was answer like 3 of a multitude of different questions, or something along those lines.

Patchio
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 

I experienced the same issue as Tarynel when I tried to submit a ticket via the SIMon Chatbot during the last week of September, so this isn't an issue of entering the wrong credentials. Community forum credentials are required for Step 1, while Self-Serve "My Account" credentials are required for Step 3.

I understand there's an inclination to attribute this problem to "user error", but I can assure you that isn't always the case. This problem may not affect all users, but it's a legitimate one. In my own situation, I took screenshots whenever my submission failed at Step 3, I tried clearing my cache and cookies, I tried different browsers, I tried incognito mode, I tried submitting a ticket on a mobile device when it wouldn't work on a traditional computer. I use a password manager, so I wasn't typing in the wrong credentials either. Even though I could login to the Self -Serve "My Account" website, I couldn't verify my identity using the same login credentials OR the 4-digit PIN for whatever reason. It simply stated "Error Logging In" when I press the Verify button.

@JL9 

While you can bypass the ticket process by PMing the CSA account, you'll still be required to verify your identity when the CSA's respond. The CSA's send you a link, and that verification process also requires your Self-Serve "My Account" credentials OR a verification code sent to your phone. As with the ticket process, I was unable to verify my identity using the "My Account" login credentials for whatever reason. It simply stated "Sorry - that username and password did not match. You have 4 attempts remaining." when I pressed the Authenticate button. I didn't try the verification code option, since nothing seemed to work in my case. 

I ended up using the "Can't verify?" option, which involves filling out the long form of questions and information required to verify my identity. Since I could actually access the Self-Serve website with my login credentials, I didn't have any problems answering the questions, but it would have saved me a lot of time and trouble if I could successfully verify my identity using the quicker methods.

@Tarynel 

If you can actually login to the Self-Serve "My Account" website, I would recommend using the "Can't verify?" option to verify your identity when the usual methods fail. Once you fill out that form, you should be able to submit the ticket for your issue.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately that happens alot with activations, manual renewals and add ons - always be wary of that and don't keep clicking on it until you check your card activity. You can talk to a CSA for a refund but it may be easier to leave the duplicate charge into your available balance for future renewals or add ons. Also you can bypass the ticket process by PMing as CSA as described above.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tarynel What kind of add-ons you tried to buy?  

Login to My Account again using Incognito mode  and see if the duplicated charges in fact sitting as Available Fund and didnt used for another purchase.  If so, you can leave it there.

If you need to open ticket with support, since you have troubles with Chatbot,  open ticket by messaging them instead.  Message them here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@Tarynel wrote:

I was trying to purchase an add-on and got an error saying "Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later. " I thought my payment didn't work so I clicked the confirm button again and the same error popped up. My Visa bill shows that I was charged twice for the add-on.

I tried to submit a ticket about the problem, but on step 3 when I was asked to verify my identity, my log in credentials apparently didn't work (even thought I was already logged in) and it said "service not available" when I tried to receive an SMS message for verification. I was not able to submit the ticket. Could a moderator submit a ticket for me?

Nobody can submit a ticket for you. That can only be done by the customer (you). As fo your login not be accepted, please be aware that you be prompted (at different times) for both your Community login and your Self Serve login.  Remember that the two are different.

Need Help? Let's chat.