cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US data

008Bonds
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

While in the United States why do you have to unselected automatic network operators setting and select the network provider manually to get data to work. Seems in my case AT & T seems to be the problem and selecting T-Mobile is the solution.

4 REPLIES 4

@008Bonds you can leave it for auto connect for network if that works 

the reason I also suggest to manually select a particular network is that in some areas the phone to switch between T-Mobile and AT&T due to network strength issues and it does not offer stable connection.  But if you use automatic and if you don't experience unstable network problem, you can definitely use Automatic 

But we also find out disabling 5G and select 4G (or LT#) definitely help as well.  Again, some able to use 5G without connection issue in some area

@008Bonds   There is auto connect for the "speed", i.e. 5G,LTE,3G,2G but the automatic being referred to for choosing US roaming partner is the automatic network option where you can switch between carriers.  In Android it may be under "network operators" or something like that.  In iPhone it is "Network Selection" in Settings - Cellular.

008Bonds
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Network mode is on auto connect I thought this means the phone will switch between 5G,LTE but no problem if T-Mobile works. 

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@008Bonds  Are you on 5G?  If so AT&T won't work so you need to drop the phone to 4G/LTE or force it to connect to T-Mobile.  Not everyone needs to change from automatic. You may not need to either on 4G/LTE.  Some people's phones try to connect to Verizon also which won't work so the network has to be chsnged manually.  Another reason might be a non-VoLTE phone which will not work on AT&T but could on T-Mobile where it hasn't yet shut down 2G.

Need Help? Let's chat.