cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US calls and txt are not getting received

Andrew007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I bought the US roaming package, and now that I’m in the US, no one in the US can call ( goes straight to voicemail) and no text msg either. 

Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8

For curiosity, see if volte is enabled. Or evidence that the phone stay on LTE when on a call.

Andrew007
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone! It looks like a network reset was the ticket. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Andrew007 - try restarting your phone, or perform a reset of the device's network settings.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@Andrew007 

I had another thought...even without the US Roaming add-on, you should still be able to receive texts, just not able to send texts.

Make sure Roaming Data is enabled in the settings on the phone.

Roaming data doesn't need to be enabled for SMS and phone calls. For those parts of the service, that setting won't make a difference.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Andrew007 

I had another thought...even without the US Roaming add-on, you should still be able to receive texts, just not able to send texts.

Make sure Roaming Data is enabled in the settings on the phone.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Andrew007 

what state you in ? No PM roaming available in Alaska.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Andrew007 make sure you able to connect to T-Mobile first.  If it does  not connect, try to manually connect to T-Mobile .  And try in different area

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Andrew007 

yes, US voice is hard to connect, try 2 things

first try VoLTE

enabled VoLTE on your device 

iPhone: Settings->Cellular->Cellular Data Options->Voice & Data, enable 4G or LTE there

Pixel Settings->Network and Internet->Internet, click on the settings icon besides SIM 1, turn on 4G calling there

Samsung/ Other Android: Settings->Connection->Mobile Data, enable VoLTE there

if that does not work, try to change the Preferred network type or network mode to 2G

see if it works 

Need Help? Let's chat.